河套深港科技創新合作區地處深圳-香港邊界區中部，面積3.89平方公里，由位於深圳河南側0.87平方公里的香港園區（ 港深創新及科技園 ）和深圳河北側3.02平方公里的深圳園區組成。自2017年以來，政策研究、工程建設、項目引進、空間整備、跨境基礎設施建設等重點工作有序推進。
At a grand gathering held to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the establishment of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone, October 14, 2020, President Xi Jinping instructed Shenzhen to take active moves to plan and construct Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation in the Lok Ma Chou Loop（ hereinafter referred to as SHCZ ）.
SHCZ is located in the middle of the Shenzhen-Hong Kong border area, covering an area of 3.89 square kilometers. It consists of two parks, on the south side of the Shenzhen River is the Hong Kong portion ( Hong Kong-Shenzhen Innovation and Technology Park ) of 0.87 square kilometers, and on the north side of river is the Shenzhen portion of 3.02 square kilometers. Since 2017, major tasks such as policy research, engineering construction, project introduction, space preparation, and cross-border infrastructure construction have been implemented in an orderly manner.
With an aim to highlight the characteristics, boost an all-round development, and enhance global image and influence of Shenzhen portion of the zone, the Publicity Department of the CPC Shenzhen Futian District Committee open call for the visual identity and landmark LOGO design globally.
獨特區位 & 跨境聯通
Unique Location & Cross-border Connectivity
SHCZ enjoys great geographical advantages, which is regarded as a “direct junction ” and “one river two cities, one zone two parks”. It is adjacent to two major ports, Huanggang Port and Futian Port respectively. These two ports, plus the No. 1 channel in the Boned Area and the Guangzhou-Hong Kong High-speed Railway are connecting the borders seamlessly. In SHCZ, Shenzhen and Hong Kong can give a full play to their advantages and complement each other. SHCZ will become the best bonding point and the fulcrum to build the Hong Kong International Center for Innovation and Technology.
國家戰略 & 雙區平台
National Strategy & Dual Zone Platform
At the Greater Bay Area leaders group meeting held on April 22, 2021, Vice Premier Han Zheng stressed that Hong Kong and Shenzhen are highly complementary in the field of science and technology innovation, therefore active moves shall be taken to matchmake the resources, to plan and build the Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation. According to “The 14th Five Year Plan and Vision 2035” released on March 12, 2021, efforts will be made to enhance collaboration in industry, R&D and universities, to further develop the systematic framework of “Two Corridors, Two Zones” which consists of Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong and Guangzhou-Zhuhai-Macau Technology Innovation Corridors, Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation, and Guangdong-Hengqin Science and Technology Innovation Zone, and to promote the construction of the National Comprehensive Science Center. As early as 2019 , SHCZ was incorporated into the development outline of the Greater Bay Area and the demonstration pilot zone of socialism with Chinese characteristics, becoming a key platform for the construction of the “dual zone”.
全市之力 & 創新生態
The Force of the City & Innovation Ecology
The CPC Shenzhen Municipal Committee and the Municipal Government attach great importance to the construction of SHCZ. A special leading team was established, the CPC Shenzhen Municipal Committee Secretary serves as the head, and the Mayor as the deputy, to build the Shenzhen portion of SHCZ at full steam with high standards. Futian District, the home to the leading team office and SHCZ, has set up a 100-staff working group to implement the construction at high speed and efficiency. Up until now, the Shenzhen part of SHCZ has planned a space of 370,000 square meters for scientific research. Currently, over 130 cutting-edge R&D projects have established a presence in the zone, which shapes a full-process innovation ecological chain of “basic research + technological innovation + industrialization”.
This design campaign rolls out series of standardized, professional processes, including global open call for design proposals, evaluation by international jury panel, open consultation by the public, to select the visual intensity and landmark logo. The campaign itself together with selected visual intensity and logo will be beneficial to the zone’s development by presenting the unique cultural charm and values of Shenzhen and Hong Kong, enhancing global recognition and brand influence of the zone, and shaping a new image of such a benchmark zone in the new era.
1 winners for the First Prize: Bonus ¥1,000,000 + Award Certificate
2 winners for the Second Prize: Bonus ¥300,000 + Award Certificate
3 winners for the Third Prize: Bonus ¥100,000 + Award Certificate
1 winner for Network Popularity Award: Bonus ¥20,000 + Award Certificate
*Note: The above-mentioned is pre-tax bonus. Winners shall pay taxes in accordance with the laws of the relevant countries (including but not limited to the People’s Republic of China) and related regions.
Deadline: June 30, 2021
（*It is subject to mail delivery time. Any application received after the deadline will not be eligible.）
Review Date: July 6, 2021
Intellectual property and copyright inquiry: July 7, 2021- July 11, 2021
Network Popularity Award selection: July 12, 2021- July 17, 2021
Winners announced: August 6, 2021（provisional）
Global designers, designer groups, design institutions, teachers and students at design schools and academies, as well as individuals, teams and institutions that love art, design and creativity, and those who supports visual identity design and landmark logo design of Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation, are eligible.
The international jury panel will consist of 5 top masters with great influence in the global design industry. With international perspectives and interdisciplinary thinking, the jury panel will select the works with the greatest potentials and values based on a wide range of elements including urban development strategy, industrial and artistic value, social value, innovation, expression of the theme, connotation, etc.
1. In consideration of consistency and coherence of the visual identity and landmark logo for Shenzhen Portion of Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation, each individual and institutional participant must submit both the A-visual identify design and B-landmark logo design at the same time. Only the entry contains A and B shall be regarded as a valid entry.
2. Ideally, the first prize will be one valid entry with the A and the B designs. If the A and the B designs of a same valid entry are not parallel in quality and not qualified for winning the first prize at the same time, then the A and the B of the first prize can be selected from two different valid entries, accounting for 50% of the bonuses respectively.
支持單位：ADC紐約藝術指導協會 / 日本設計中心 / 深圳市設計與藝術聯盟 / 深圳市室內設計師協會 / 深圳市室內建築設計行業協會 / 深圳市公共藝術中心 / 香港設計中心 / 香港設計總會 / 香港設計師協會 / 澳門設計中心 / 澳門設計師協會 / 珠澳設計中心 / ADCK亞洲中韓設計協會 / KECD韓國現代設計協會 / 上海設計師俱樂部
支持院校：美國奧本大學藝術學院 / 舊金山藝術大學 / 米蘭理工學院 / 武藏野美術大學 / 中央美術學院設計學院 / 中國美術學院設計藝術學院 / 清華大學美術學院視覺傳達設計系 / 廣州美術學院視覺藝術設計學院 / 魯迅美術學院視覺藝術設計學院 / 四川美術學院設計藝術學院 / 湖北美術學院設計藝術學院 / 澳門科技大學人文藝術學院 / 韓國弘益大學 / 深圳大學藝術設計學院 / 深圳職業技術學院藝術設計學院
Organizers: Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation, Publicity Department of the CPC Shenzhen Futian District Committee
Co-organizer: Shenzhen Graphic Design Association
Supported by: ADC New York, , Japan Design Center, Shenzhen Art & Design Alliance, Shenzhen Association of Interior Designers, Shenzhen Institute of Interior Design, Shenzhen Public Art Center, Hong Kong Design Center, Hong Kong Design Association, Hong Kong Designers Association, Macau Design Center, Macau Designers Association, Zhuhai Macau Design Center, ADCK, KECD, Shanghai Designers Club
Supporting academies: Department of Art of Auburn University, Academy of Art University, Milan Polytechnic, Musashino Art University, Design School of Central Academy of Fine Arts, Design & Art College of China Academy of Art, Department of Visual Communication of Academy of Arts & Design of Tsinghua University, School of Visual Arts Design of Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts, School of Design of Luxun Academy of Fine Arts, Design Academy of Sichuan Fine Arts Institute, School of Design of Hubei Academy of Fine Arts, Faculty of Humanities and Arts of Macau University of Science and Technology, Hongik University, School of Art and Design of Shenzhen University, Department of Art and Design of Shenzhen Polytechnic
Supporting media: people.cn, xinhuanet, Chinanews.com, Guangming Daily , Nanfang Plus app, Nanfang Metropolis Daily, Nanfang Daily, Guangzhou Daily, Shenzhen Events , Yangcheng Evening News , Shenzhen Evening News, Sunshine Daily, Shenzhen Economic Daily, Shenzhen Special Zone Daily, sznews.com, Shenzhen TV, First Scene , Pioneer 898 , Nanyue Voice 1057 , Economic Daily , Shenzhen Release , Happy Futian , Futian Media , Sina weibo.com, aoyi.com, www.vcg.com, ZCOOL , www.gtn9.com, Design 360 , www.a963.com, cbdesign.com, “Art and Design”, Duchuang, Lu Junyi Design Live, Design-Driven DND
A. Visual Identity Design Requirements:
1. The logo shall be able to fully demonstrate the national strategic mission of Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation, which is “One District, Two Systems” and “Driven by Dual Zones”. The logo shall be in line with the theme of innovation and technology.
2. The design shall be easy to understand, remember and identify, has unique creativity and rich content with clear and concise elements, echoing with contemporary aesthetics.
3. The design shall present a strong visual impact and an intuitive beauty overall, which is profound, aesthetic and appealing.
4. The design shall be positive and extensible for a variety of media promotions.
5. The official Chinese name of the zone is “河套深港科技創新合作區”. The English version is “Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation” with its abbreviation “SHCZ”. ( * Note : The fonts of both Chinese and English name shall be redesigned by the participants. Any infringement of third-party copyrights is strictly prohibited.)
6. The design content of the visual identity system shall include three parts as followed:
① A visual identity system, which is in line with the cultural characteristics and future development concepts of SHCZ, and has an international vision and quality
② An overall, unified urban visual identity system for the city
③ A feasible proposal in terms of visual identity operation, maintenance, and management
7. The award winners shall be willing to cooperate with visual identity system users on extension design, and assist in formulating the Visual Identity System Manual for SHCZ.
B. Design Requirements for Landmark Logo
1. The landmark logo design shall fully integrate the elements including the urban positioning, regional characteristics, economic function, cultural representations, city roles and spiritual connotations of Shenzhen and Hong Kong. The entry could be one innovative design concept or a group of concepts.
2. The landmark logo design shall be able to fully demonstrate the national strategic mission of Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation, which is “One District, Two Systems” and “Driven by Dual Zones”. The logo shall be in line with the theme of innovation and technology, presenting the spirit of the times. There are no limits on the style, type and subject.
3. The design shall have clear characteristic of the times, unique creativity and deep humanistic and artistic content. It is expected to has a strong visual impact, which is easy to recognize, remember and promote. It shall be easily understood by people with cultural backgrounds around the world. It shall be in a form that is easy to reproduce and use. The design shall but is not limited to include words or images of “loop”, “cooperation zone”. It can be stone sculptures, bronze statues, technological installations or a mixture of comprehensive materials.
4.Once the first prize works are accepted, must provide relevant professional documents and drawings, and cooperate with the completion of professional consulting services such as the making and landing of the landmark design of Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation.
1. There is no limitation on creation techniques (for hand-drawn sketch, please scan and then upload). Each entry should be submitted as a soft copy in formats of JPG, TIF, MP4, AVI with a precision of 300dpi or above. The softcopy file size shall be less than 200M. The size of the entry work shall be 420 mm * 297mm. No information about the designer or organization should appear anywhere on the entry picture.
2. The submission of entries for visual identity design for Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation shall include: the logo design in black and white and in color; the layout with combinations of full Chinese name, English name and logo; standard logo and 2 to 3 variations; basic VI elements includes logo, standard typeface, standard colors, auxiliary graph, standard combinations; visual identity extension shall include scenario-based applications for landscape, road signs, publicity materials, digital and papper media.
3. All entries of visual identity design and landmark logo design shall include English and Chinese description of the creative idea, concept and interpretation of the works in less than 200 words. Commitment Letter and Entry Form shall be filled in and emailed to SZ_HK2021@163.com
4. The submission email shall use standard subject format “Visual Identity Design and Landmark Logo Design Open Call for Shenzhen Portion of Shenzhen-Hong Kong Cooperation Zone for Technology and Innovation + Designer Name”. Individual participants shall identify information like the name, address and telephone number of the designer in the email while company participants shall provide the company name, company profile, contact person.
5. All entries must be the original works of the submitters who shall assume the complete legal responsibility for the copyright of their submitted works. Besides, the jury has the right to reject any work suspected of plagiarism.
6. All entries received after the deadline, regardless of any reasons, will not be eligible.
Those who are interested in this campaign, please read the detailed requirements carefully and directly email your work to the Organizing Committee.
The Organizing Committee reserves the right of final interpretation.
- 河套深港科技创新合作区深圳园区-设计公开征集河套深港科技創新合作區地處深圳-香港邊界區中部，面積3.89平方公里，由位於深圳河南側0.87平方公里的香港園區（ 港深創新及科技園 ）和深圳河北側3.02平方公里的深圳園區組成。自2017年以來，政策研究、工程建設、項目引進、空間整備、跨境基礎設施建設等重點工作有序推進。 為更好地凸顯深圳園區區域特色，促進深圳園區的全面發展，提升深圳園區全球推廣形象和國際化品牌影響力，中共深圳市福田區委宣傳部面向全社會公開徵集河套深港科技創新合作區深圳園區VI形象設計&地標標識物設計。 https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/LIhSoqJmP1WFxJk497JjIA