2020 14th IDA International Design Awards
A handful of designers, thinkers and entrepreneurs created the International Design Awards in 2007 as a response to the lack of recognition and celebration for smart and sustainable multidisciplinary design.
5 DESIGN DISCIPLINES
(Click to view submission details)
The International Design Awards (IDA) exists to recognize, celebrate and promote legendary design visionaries and to uncover emerging talent in Architecture, Interior, Product, Graphic, and Fashion Design. IDA aspires to draw attention to the iconoclasm of design world wide, conceptualizing and producing great work. Farmani Group assembled IDA as the design sibling of the Annual Lucie Awards for Photography, which has emerged as one of the world’s most prestigious photography awards.
The IDA trophy was designed by Ron Taft. The IDA logo, the 2007 and 2008 books where designed by Chen Design Associates, San Francisco The original IDA concept was established with a great help from Jamie Waguh.
We have created a list of the best tips to guide you through the submission process, step by step, making sure your design entry is strong and will have a positive impact on the Jury.
- Complete your company profile. Our system provides an auto-generated invoice, so please add you company address, e-mail, VAT number, etc. Also, share your company information and any previous awards won!
- Since we have an international jury panel, the project description, credits and other information should be written in English.
- The entry description is one of the most essential parts of your submission, so make your description engaging and interesting; keep it succinct, but still give as much information as possible; share the original project idea, the design trigger, how it contributes to society or local communities, etc.
- Don’t forget to also upload a PDF file with any additional project details, 3D drawings, product specifications, business plans, or any other information you may feel is important to share with the Jury.
- Credit all of the designers that took part in the project. You can also add photographer and model credits as appropriate.
- Each design discipline has many sub-categories for you to choose from and many entries would fit in multiple sub-categories. To increase your chance of winning we recommend to enter the projects in more than 1 sub-category. A 50% discount is offered when entering your design in additional sub-categories.
PROMOTING WINNERS WORK
An industry-recognised award serves as an independent endorsement of your company’s quality. Winning the International Design Award is a great competitive advantage for a company and, more importantly, it’s an evaluation that potential customers are more likely to trust than any marketing material you can produce. We know that social proof is one of the most influential factors in a consumer’s decision making.
Consumer and Professional (third party) reviews are nearly 12 times more trusted than descriptions, and winning the International Design Awards is like the ultimate review or testimonial.
Here are a few ideas how you can maximize your win and make it work to the benefit of your design and/or brand.
PREPARE A PUBLIC RELATIONS PLAN
- Issue a Press Release and send it to your local media and/or communication agency. IDA publishes the official winner press release on the IDA website and this is a good template to start with.
- Add “Award-Winning” to all company/product descriptions. Once you win an award, from that day on you have the right to call yourselvs an “award-winning” company or designer. Make sure people know that your work has been distinguished in this way.
MAKE YOUR WIN A CENTREPIECE OF YOUR MARKETING PLAN
- Print your Certificate and Winner Badge and display them at your office/company
- Share the Certificate and Winner Badge with your online community by adding them on your website and direct marketing.
- Add the Winner Badge on brochures, printed media, packaging, or anything else that carries your company/brand/deisgn logo. This is a fantastic marketing differentiation opportunity.
- Add your Winner Badge to your email signature with a simple statement that says “winner of the (year) (award name). Your email signature is seen daily by scores of people who may not know about your award.
- Make sure you own at least one copy of the IDA Annual Book, in which your winning design will be featured amongst other amazingly talented designers, and make sure it’s visibly displayed in your office or reception.
UTILIZE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Share your award-winning project on your social media. Make sure you have a well-written post that highlights your acheivement and which can potentially be shared by your clients, partners, colleagues and friends. Don’t forget to tag our social media profiles and use the #IDA when spreading the news – we will be happy to share your post as well!
- Facebook: International Design Awards
- Instagram: idesignawards
- Consider an advertisement. It’s common for companies to take out an advertisement after they’ve won an award to call attention to their achievement and even to congratulate fellow winners.
ADD IT TO YOUR DISTRIBUTION PACKAGE
- Add the Winner Badge to your design page and/or Product display. This is a way to highlight your win to your retailers/agents, and they in turn will display this signage to the public which will drive interest.
MAKE IT PERSONAL
- Celebrate the acheivement with everyone on your team—it’s a fantastic boost to morale. And have your sales & marketing team communicate the win to all their contacts/clients as well.
- Highlight the award on your career page and/or company LinkedIn account
NETWORK & JOIN THE PARTY
- Join the Winners’ Event. As an award winner, you will be invited to the bi-annual winners event that will be hosted in Los Angeles. Attending this get-together of designers, jury, and press is a great opportunity to share your work, meet other designers and build your network. It is also another great experience to share through your social media and website and will bring event more attention to your award.
14TH ANNUAL INT’L DESIGNER OF THE YEAR AWARDS
Gain worldwide exposure: Enter one of the most respected Design Awards. Architects and interior designers, product designers, graphic designers and fashion designers are invited to submit their work for the IDA design competition.
ENTER BEFORE THE 10% EARLY BIRD DEADLINE ON MAY 30, 2020
DEADLINES & FEES
IDA invite architects, builders, engineers and design teams to submit their projects of conceptual, in-progress or completed work.
Winners are chosen based on one project submitted; and not for a body of work.
- MAY 30 2020
- JUNE 27 2020
- SEPTEMBER 30 2020
- OCTOBER 31 2020
COVID-19 DESIGN INNOVATION GRANT
The global COVID-19 pandemic presents unprecedented challenges for creatives and designers. But it also provides a unique opportunity to come together as acommunity and use our talents and skills to make a positive impact. So we are introducing a special “COVID-19 Design Innovation Grant” in collaboration with our sister award ePDA, in support of global efforts to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
We will be awarding four grants:
- $5000 Grant for Product Design
The ventilator is the difference between life or death for people with acute symptoms of COVID-19. We invite product designers to design ventilators or other life-saving equipment that can be produced at a cost of less than $1000. The winner will receive a $5,000 grant to produce their prototype.
- $5000 Grant for Architecture and Interior Design
A big challenge facing many during this pandemic is isolating a sick person from the healthy members of their family when they have to remain under the same roof. This $5,000 grant will be for a simple, practical, innovative solution for an in-home isolation pod that would allow those with COVID-19 symptoms and others to safely co-habit without transmitting the virus.
- $2000 Grant for Graphic Design
Our modern interconnected lifestyle has allowed COVID-19 to spread around the world at unprecedented speed, sending billions of people into lockdown as health services struggle to cope. We invite graphic designers and illustrators to submit their designs for a resource to help the public protect themselves, prevent spreading the virus to others, or deal with the psychological effects of isolation.
- $2000 Grant for Fashion Design
As the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 continues to rise sharply, some health experts have begun suggesting that we should all be wearing masks of some kind. We invite fashion designers to create fashionable and reusable masks or protective gear to help stop the spread of the virus.
International Design Awards
1318 E, 7th St., Suite 140
Los Angeles, CA 90021 USA
International Design Awards
Ekkamai Soi 3
Klongton Wattana, Bangkok, Thailand 10110
IDA International Design Awards相關競賽：
- 2022 16th IDA International Design Awards2022 16th IDA International Design Awards People’s Choice vote for a cash prize of $1000 in each of the non-professional disciplines.
- 2021 15th IDA International Design Awards2021 15th IDA International Design Awards celebrate and promote exceptional design visionaries and discover emerging talent in Architecture
- 2020 14th IDA International Design Awards2020 14th IDA International Design Awards - ENTER BEFORE THE 10% EARLY BIRD DEADLINE ON MAY 30, 2020. 5 DESIGN DISCIPLINES : Architectural Design Interior Design Graphic Design Fashion Design Product Design
- 2019 13th ANNUAL IDA AWARDS2019 13th ANNUAL IDA AWARDS IDA International Design Awards（美國國際設計大賽）報名倒數一個月，有興趣的設計領域同好都可以把握時間報名哦！官方截止日為10/31。 比賽五大組別： 建築設計 / 室內設計 / 產品設計 / 時尚設計 / 平面暨多媒體設計。
- 2020第十四届美国 IDA 国际设计大奖竞赛提交 提交是在线的，只需四个简单步骤即可完成： 1. 单击“提交”以创建免费的会员资格和密码。如果您已经是会员，请登录。 2. 填写简单的在线提交表单-记住您可以为每个条目选择多个类别。 3. 上传图像供您输入。（ 如果有多个条目，请重复前3个步骤。 ） 4.最后一步是支付您的提交费。 *每个条目最多可以提交10张图像（ JPG / PDF ）和1个PDF-为获得最佳结果，请确保您的图像是裁剪为4：3格式的jpg / png文件，宽度至少为1000px，且不大于4mb。PDF文件的大小：请另存为“屏幕视图”，并将其限制为每个文件仅6页，最大4 MB。
- 2020美国国际设计大奖 ( 2020 International Design Awards )美国IDA国际设计大奖是由少数设计师、思想家和企业家于2007年共同创建，该奖项主要针对智能和可持续的多学科设计，旨在奖励和推广国际设计领域取得了卓越成就的创造者，并在全球范围内发掘建筑，室内，产品，平面和时尚设计方面的新兴人才。 本次大赛赛程： 早鸟截止日期：2020年5月30日 早鸟延迟截止日期：2020年6月27日 标准截止日期：2020年9月30日 延迟截止日期：2020年10月28日
- 第十四届美国 IDA 国际设计大奖美国IDA国际设计大奖是由少数设计师、思想家和企业家于2007年共同创建，迄今为止已经成功举办十三届。该奖项作为对智能和可持续的多学科设计缺乏认可与祝贺的回应，始终致力于引起人们对全球设计的反传统、概念化和创造出色的作品的关注。旨在奖励和推广国际设计领域取得了卓越成就的创造者，并在全球范围内发掘建筑，室内，产品，平面和时尚设计方面的新兴人才。 官网 https://idesignawards.com
- IDA国际设计大奖2019作品征集大赛美国DA国际设计大奖 10%优惠早鸟:2020.5.30 5%持续早鸟:2020.6.27 正常截止:2020.9.30 最终截止:2020.10.31