2020 LIVING SPACES ABC International Architectural Competition
今天，建築、建築和房地產領域都在討論和研究未來幾年居住空間的演變，這一點以及更多的觀點都是從這些爭論中產生的。因此，在完全或部分封閉的情況下，建築、室內設計和設計解決方案究竟能怎樣使我們的生活空間折衷、舒適、安全和實用，這就成為急需解決的問題。考慮到這一點，我們創建了ABC | LIVING SPACES 2020，作為一項倡議，通過由公認的國際專業人士組成的評審團，我們可以讓對該主題感興趣的專業人士和學生將他們的想法與同齡人的想法進行比較。最後，希望能夠分享並向國際公眾推廣從競爭中產生的最佳項目。
ABC – The Architecture BIM Competition
Concorso internazionale di architettura & design per un mondo resiliente
ABC | LIVING SPACES 2020
International architectural & design competition for a resilient world
Design our New Normal
ABC | Living Spaces 2020 is an international competition of architecture and interior design ideas in the time of the Covid-19.
Proposed by ABC – The Architecture BIM Competition, organizer of ABC | MONZA 2019, the Competition’s subject is the rethinking of our Living Spaces to make them resilient towards the Coronavirus and other possible viral invaders. The object of the proposals is the architectural and interior design of a residential living space or a hotel living space. Through targeted technical and organizational choices, this space must guarantee the functions necessary to face a pandemic both in safety, in comfort and style.
Why a competition on Living Spaces with the Covid-19 in the background?
Coronavirus had a significant impact on the social and coexistence habits of us all, forcing people to change their relationship with the environments in which they spend their daily lives.
Our residential Living Spaces, the places of work, study, leisure and those dedicated to physical activities, usually distinct and distant, have given way to hybrid living environments. These new iterations of our homes, with the passing of the Lockdown days have seen the flourishing of niches and corners dedicated to functions otherwise performed outside the home and often in community.
Smart working and Distance learning are two widely shared examples of functions that have suddenly populated our homes. In the same way, the need of spaces for physical activity which, mens sana in corpore sano, has a strong influence on mental well-being has also become urgent during the Lockdown.
By the way, the Coronavirus has pushed us to rediscover the value of space. Having plenty of it in a organized form, maybe even for those sanitizing activities that require separation of environments, is a wealth. A concept, often overlooked in recent times for the availability of mini and micro apartments in the “cool” central areas of the cities, which has been brought back by an exceptional medical emergency. An emergency that however could become customary.
This and more emerges from the debates that today cross the world of architecture, construction and the real estate sector where the evolution of living spaces in the coming years is discussed and investigated.
It therefore becomes imperative to deepen the discussion and open a confrontation on what the architectural, interior design and design solutions could actually make our Living spaces eclectic, comfortable, safe and functional in a situation of total or partial Lockdown.
With this in mind we have created ABC | LIVING SPACES 2020 as an initiative that can allow professionals and students interested in the topic to compare their ideas with those of their peers through the evaluation of a Jury of recognized international professionals.
And last but not least, to be able to share and promote the best projects emerging from the competition to the international public.
The competition in brief
- ABC | LIVING SPACES 2020 is an International competition of architecture and design ideas open to students and professionals who can participate individually or in groups.
- The competition is digital and all its phases are online, from registration to the award ceremony.
- The proposals are evaluated by a Jury of high profile made up of international professionals and academics from the Architecture, Interior Design, Design and Real Estate fields and by experts in the BIM field.
What to design
- Competitors are asked to submit a proposal for a ( furnished ) residential living space or hotel living space with a wide freedom on the kind of solution chosen:
- The residential living space can be an apartment in an apartment building, a single or multi-family house, a villa, a tree house, on stilts, on water, a prefabricated house, a cabin or a cottage, etc.
- minimum size 38sqm – maximum size 150sqm
- The hotel living space can be a hotel or residence room, a bungalow, etc.
- minimum size 17sqm – maximum size 65sqm
The reference site is open: the Living Space can be located in a large metropolis or a small village, in an alpine context or in an equatorial forest or on an island. East, west, north, south, cold, hot, dry, wet: no strings attached.
What is rewarded
- The Jury will reward those creative proposals that offer functional, welcoming and pleasant housing solutions and that allow to carry out remote working, distance learning, physical activities, sanitization of people, animals and objects, sanitary isolation, etc. ( even by reconfiguration ).
- The most interesting furnishing and design elements specifically designed for the use in this Competition are rewarded.
The submission, according to the framework of Building Information Modeling, consists of one or more IFC files containing the 3D model of the living space and the reference context ( the building that contains the Living space and its immediate surroundings ). Furthermore, images and / or videos originating directly from the model and possibly reworked in post-production are requested. Finally, a short Design Report with a presentation of the proposal.
- Registrations for the Competition will be open from 15 September, 2020.
- The submissions of the entries will end by midnight on 15 November, 2020 and the winners will be announced during the month of December 2020.
What software should I use
- The submission includes a 3D model IFC. IFC is an open and software independent file format used for design.
- Most of the architectural and interior design software ( Allplan, Archicad, Blender, Edificious, Microstation, Openbuildings, Revit, Rhino, Sketchup, VectorWorks, etc. ) can export directly or through plug-ins in IFC.
- ABC|生活空间2020—“设计新常态”国际建筑设计竞赛类型/Type：概念项目 地点/Location：Italy 功能/Program：室内设计 报名截止/Registration：2020.11.15 提交截止/Submission：2020.11.15 参赛资格/Eligibility 无资格限制 报名费用/Entry Fee 2020年10月15日前报名：50欧元（ 约合人民币400元 ）； 2020年10月16日-2020年11月15日期间报名：80欧元（ 约合人民币639元 ）。 奖赏/Prize 竞赛将评选出以下奖项： 生活空间住宅设计奖 生活空间酒店设计奖 装修设计奖 评委荣誉提名奖