2020 PARAMETRIC IDEATION COMPETITION
競賽背景 / Competition background
競賽內容 / Competition content
該設計可以滿足個人的個人需求（ 休息，洗澡，烹飪和工作 ）和社區需求（ 互動 ）。
便攜式且易於在現場組裝/構造，易於擴展（ 模塊化 ）到社區（ 垂直或水平 ）。
參賽資格 / Competition background
評委 / JURY
日程安排 / COMPETITION SCHEDULE
獎項設置 / AWARDS
學生類別–最高$ 3,000 SGD
開放類別–最高$ 2,000 SGD
提交要求 / SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
系統成本核算（ 成本效益分析以及能源/水使用量的節省/減少 ）
Shelter Challenge PARAMETRIC IDEATION COMPETITION 2020
Eco-Adobe – Shelter Open Call
The current scenario of punishing cycles of unpredictable natural calamities, overcrowded conditions or lack of access to land and affordable housing poses people the risk of living with a constant burden of uncertainty, stress and fear. The Eco-Abode shelter design challenge aims to address this situation and design a modular shelter that is affordable, compact, portable and promotes community living.
The shelter design should consider the local context and growth from unit to community-scale specific to the Southeast Asian Climate. Create your own scalable, self-sustaining, modular Eco-Abode which focuses on human-cenctric design supported by technology. The requirements of the solutions are listed below.
The chosen concept will be built at Jurong Innovation District ( JID ) in Singapore.
Open Category with proof of concept
- The design should be for 5 people with 20 sqm per person, with private and additional shared spaces
- Meet the needs of the individual ( bath, cooking and work ) and the larger spatial needs of the community in terms of water, food and energy
- Flexible and versatile living configurations and to accommodate the changing lifestyle of millennials
- Responsible material sources with details of the life-cycle
- Cost effective, climate-resistant and eco-friendly materials
Flat Pack Shelter System
- Modular, scalable solution ( unit to community level ), with the provision for working and living full time for 5 days
- Transportation & Weight Constraint
- Able to fit into a 20′ truck and not exceeding 30kg per person
- Assembly Time
- 1 day for the outer skin and interiors with 2 adults of average fitness level
- Indoor Thermal comfort
- Maintain within the range of 24-28°C
Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions Must Include:
- System drawings and overall layout of the system
- Technical specifications and compliance with relevant Singapore standards
- Costing of the systems ( Cost-benefit analysis and savings/reduction in energy/water usage )
- Implementation plan and timeline
- Key Advantages/ Value Proposition of system
Cities are home to more than 50% of the world population, which is made up of about seven billion inhabitants. This figure is projected to increase significantly to about 75% by 2050. This means that the majority of inhabitants will be, predicted to live in urban areas by 2050.
The benefits of urbanisation are quite clear, with cities not only being historical and cultural hubs but also the world’s economic hotspots. However, there are also many problems associated with modern cities. With the current growth rate of cities, competition for natural resources has risen to unexplainable levels, resulting in a global resource shortage. Rapid urbanisation has led to increased stress on the existing infrastructures and supply chain, resulting in social changes such as lack of cohesive community.
This brings us to the most important aspect of this project – we aim to redesign the consumption and living patterns of communities to make them self-sustainable and eco-friendly. The implication is to restore the horizontal division of labour and rekindle the sharing spirit that leads to a culture of community living. By increasing the efficiency of resource allocation, we aim to raise the bar for self-sustenance and resilience of cities.
It’s time to redesign our future!
Let’s get Parametric!
The Parametric Design competition aims to challenge the pre-existing perceptions of designers by calling them to explore on innovative concepts and sustainable technologies.
The focus of the competition is to adopt a kaleidoscopic, parameter-based approach to conceptualise and design a sharing community for a better future.
Be the change maker and perceive the environment in an alternative way.
Student Category upto
Open Category upto
Verification and Certification
The winning design will be published on the Mistletoe-Ecolabs website and our local and international platform
- English is to be used as the language of communication for all submissions.
- All participants must accept the rules and regulations of the challenge.
- If found to not be following the rules, participants may be disqualified.
- Ecolabs reserves the right to modify the schedule of the challenge.
- The challenge is open to all. No professional qualification is required.
- Spatial Design – multi-functional use of the space
- Sustainability targets – simulation and optimisation of parameters
- Cityscape – unit growth to community level
- Concept Innovation
- Feasibility – buildability
Project Shea – The next Generation Civilisation Kit is a joint initiative by EcoLabs and Mistletoe Inc. to bring about a change in the design of future cities with the concept of sharing to sustain. Participants are invited to design using sustainable materials, a robust prototype of self-sufficient dwelling with the potential to expand into a modular community with sustainable materials where individuals can live, work, play and exchange ideas.
The lowest comprehensive compact spatial unit is 25sqm.
We encourage the use of an integrated systems approach, where the boundaries of existing technologies, innovative concepts, materials and ideas are challenged through the implementation of energy efficient technology, water systems, spatial planning and material resource usage.
Participants are to choose a site area of 3,000 sqm in Southeast Asia and demonstrate the lowest or smallest dwelling unit, which is the starting point for a community to rise and flourish in the future. The core vision of the demonstration is to maximise the functional area within a minimum footprint by using out of box concepts to create resourceful spaces.
The requirements for the smallest dwelling unit are as follows:
- Maximum of 25 sqm of floor area per person with private and additional shared space.
- Design should cater to the individual’s personal needs ( resting, bathing, cooking and working ) and community requirements ( interacting ).
- Portable and easy to assemble/construct on site, easily scalable ( modular ) to a community ( vertically or horizontally ).
- Made of eco-friendly and affordable materials.
- Able to maintain indoor temperature within the range of 24 – 28 degree Celsius.
- Design to be structurally feasible and must satisfy local codes for wind, lightning and rainfall protection
The dwelling to community level growth shall be designed thinking beyond the current standards for sustainability, embracing a comprehensive solution, explored through the following sustainability parameters.
A participating team can have a maximum of four participants and be able to defend technical and design queries.
31 December 2020.
Shortlisted top 5 teams would be required to prepare a 15 min presentation.
All submissions are to be submitted online through given email, Project-Shea <email@example.com>. Must include ( but not limited to ) floor plans, working files, 3d perspectives and montages showing innovative details and integrated aspects of design ( A1 – 4 sheets in reference format ) Written report should be a compilation of all the research material, process and references related to the process of the design proposal including the vision, objectives and the technical details of the proposal. Each report is of A-4 size ( 210×297 mm ), portrait orientation and must include the following:
Title of the design proposal
Name of school, team members and faculty supervisor
A detailed description of the project with a maximum of 3,000 words. Addressing the following aspects:
Sustainability ( including an explanation of how a sustainability parameter mentioned above is incorporated in the design proposal )
Technical aspect ( e.g., energy and water system ), construction and materiality.
Community Growth Demonstrate the growth from the lowest dwelling unit to a sharing community level.
Affordability Costing to demonstrate affordability.
Images, illustrations, tables, schemes and key drawings and other graphic information may be included in the report
- 国际竞赛 |2020年参数化竞争类型/Type：：概念项目 地点/Location：Singapore 功能/Program：社区规划 报名截止/Registration：2020.12.31 提交截止/Submission：2020.12.31 参赛资格/Eligib 无资格限制 报名费用/Entry Fee： 无 官方网站/Official website: https://projectshea.com/challege/shelter-challenge/ 竞赛背景 / Competition background 世界上大约50%的人居住在城市，人口约70亿。预计到2050年，这一比例将增加到大约75％。这意味着，到2050年，预计大多数居民将生活在城市地区。