2020 Wood Design & Building Awards
獎項介紹 AWARD INTRO :
參賽要求 QUALIFICATION :
3.主要結構成分為樹狀熱帶/亞熱帶草（ 例如竹子 ）的項目不符合提交條件。
2020 Wood Design & Building Awards
The Wood Design & Building Awards program invites North American and International entries for 2020 -honouring excellence in wood architecture.
Entries should consist of building projects that show a wide range of wood product applications and demonstrate an understanding of the special qualities of wood, such as strength, durability, beauty and cost-effectiveness.
All projects completed in the period between January 1st, 2017 and November 15th, 2020 are eligible for entry [except previous winning projects of the Wood Design & Building Awards].
A jury of prominent architects from Canada and the U.S. will review all entries based on various considerations such as creativity, appropriate use of wood materials in satisfying clients’ building and site requirements and innovative design.The judging will take place on December 4th, 2020 and the results will be announced early January, 2021 .
Honor, Merit and Citation awards will be given at the discretion of the jury. Framed Award certificates and one copy of the 2019-20 Celebrating Excellence in Wood Architecture will be distributed in the fall of 2021 to the winners.
Projects can be submitted in the following categories:
Non-residential – Institutional
Non-residential – Commercial Small & Large
The Non-residential Category includes offices, shopping centers, restaurants, stores, churches, motels, hotels, schools, libraries, recreational buildings, fire halls, medical clinics, hospitals, storage facilities, research laboratories, factories and warehouses.
Residential – Single Family
Residential – Multi Family
The Residential Category includes single-family detached dwellings and multi-family projects such as duplexes, garden homes, apartments, condominiums, dormitories, low-cost housing and seniors’ residences.
The Architectural Interior Design Category includes the significant use of wood finishing in any type of building interior.
The Remodeled Buildings Category may involve modifications to the building exterior, interior or both. Kitchen and bathroom modifications alone are not eligible, nor are single room improvements that do not include structural changes. Landscaping projects and other outdoor works are eligible, however, the use of wood should have architectural merit.
The International Building Category includes all buildings both non-residential and residential that were built outside of North America.
Other – Exterior Structures, Bridges etc.
All submitted projects will automatically be considered where applicable for Special Awards: the SFI Sponsorship Award, Real Cedar Sponsorship Award, Sansin Award, the Canadian Wood Council Award and Wood WORKS! Awards.
- SFI Sponsorship Award – presented to a project ( either residential or non-residential ) that utilizes products certified to the SFI standard.
- Real Cedar Sponsorship Award – presented to a project ( either residential or non-residential ) that utilizes real cedar products.
- Sansin Award – presented to a project that utilizes Sansin products for wood finishing.
- Canadian Wood Council Award – presented to a project ( either residential or non-residential ) that showcases excellence and innovation in wood design.
- Wood WORKS! Awards: Projects built in the provinces of BC, Yukon, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario in the past three ( 3 ) years that are submitted to the Wood Design & Building Awards program will be automatically submitted to the Ontario Wood Design Awards, Prairie Wood Design Awards and the Wood Design Awards in BC.
- Ontario Wood Design Awards – Celebrating wood projects in Ontario that demonstrate excellence in wood design and architecture. Sponsored by Ontario Wood WORKS! ( a program of the Canadian Wood Council ).
- Prairie Wood Design Awards – Celebrating wood projects in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan that demonstrate excellence in wood design and architecture. Sponsored by Alberta Wood WORKS! ( a program of the Canadian Wood Council ).
- The Wood Design Awards in British Columbia ( BC ) celebrates excellence in wood building and design, and recognizes leadership and innovation in wood use. Sponsored by Wood WORKS! BC – a program of the Canadian Wood Council.
Early Bird Discount applicable to all entries completed by October 30, 2020.
Regular Entry Fees:
- First Entry – $175.00 USD
- Subsequent Entries – $165.00 USDDeadline to Submit: November 20, 2020 at midnight PST
Please note that you can start your submission and come back to edit or update it before the deadline date.
Note: Projects whose main structural components use treelike tropical/semitropical grasses such as bamboo are not eligible for submission.
- 2020《木结构设计与建筑》杂志大奖 ( 2020 Wood Design Building Awards )《木结构设计与建筑》杂志大奖邀请北美和国际参赛者参加2018年的木质建筑杰出作品评选。参赛作品应包括展示各种木制品应用的建筑项目，并展示对木材特殊品质的理解，如强度，耐用性，美观和成本效益。来自加拿大和美国的著名建筑师评审团将根据各种考虑因素审核所有参赛作品，例如创意，适当使用木材以满足客户的建筑和场地要求以及创新设计。 1.本次大赛作品面向全球设计界公开征选，参赛者不受民族、宗教、地域、国别的限制。 2.在2017年1月1日至2020年11月15日期间完成的所有项目均有资格参赛，曾荣获“木材设计和建筑奖”项目的作品除外。 3.主要结构成分为树状热带/亚热带草（ 例如竹子 ）的项目不符合提交条件。