2021 AR House Awards
Now open for entry!
Launched in 2010, the AR House awards recognises originality and excellence in the design of dwellings. The house – a key rite of passage for architects – offers the potential for innovation and is critical to the ferment and crystallisation of new ideas. Looking for projects built in the last five years, AR House recognises creativity and originality, and ideas that push the type forward whatever the scale and construction cost. The judges’ chosen schemes will all be visited by an independent critic and photographer before a decision is made on the winner.
The AR House awards are diverse and wide-ranging. Last year, the AR House winner was Davidson Rafailidis’ Big Space, Little Space in the US which transformed a 1920s garage into a small house in Buffalo. Other previous winners include General Design Co’s house in Kamitomii in Japan, countering the trend in Japan to demolish old houses and build afresh, Habitat for Orphan Girls in Iran by ZAV Architects, an anti-seismic prototype by Edward Ng, Li Wan, Xinan Chi at Hong Kong University, Cosmic in Osaka by UID Architects, and Fayland House by David Chipperfield Architects.
£325 earlybird deadline: 6 August 2021
Entry deadline: 3 September 2021
AR House recognises originality and excellence in the design of dwellings. The house – a key rite of passage for architects – offers the potential for genuine innovation and is critical to the ferment and crystallisation of new ideas.
- All entries will be reviewed by the expert international judging panel which will choose a shortlist of 15 projects.
- The top six commended projects will then be visited by an independent critic before the winner is selected by the judges.
- All entrants will have their project listed on the AR House awards website, each with an image and URL.
- All shortlisted projects will be promoted on the AR website, emails and via social media, which have a following of over a million readers worldwide.
- All shortlisted projects will be featured in the December/January 2022 issue of The Architectural Review, with in-depth building studies for the top six.
- Photographs of the winning project will be considered by the editorial team for the front cover of The Architectural Review
Enter your projects using our simple registration. All projects must have been completed after January 2016, there are no budget or location restrictions.
- Register on the entry pageand enter your contact and project details.
- Provide us with 250 words of explanatory text describing the project.
- Upload your 2 entry boards to your online entry – these should include images, drawings and explanatory text. We will require the artwork for each board as a PDF file containing compressed images, drawings and vectorised text. Files should not exceed 12Mb in size and do not require trim lines or bleed. Projects will be printed on two A2 sized boards and used for judging. Please also submit one hi-res image to be used on the website for our submitted projects page (480×480).
- Submit your entry by the deadline (3rd September 2021). You can start and save your entry to come back to at any point before the deadline.
- To ensure anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any part of the board. When you register your details online, you will be given a reference number. PLEASE ENSURE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER IS PROVIDED WHEN UPLOADING YOUR BOARDS VIA THE ENTRY FORM. Only after the jury has chosen the shortlist will the identity of the winners be revealed.
- Boards should include at least ONE PLAN and ONE SECTION of the project as well as images and a short explanatory text.
- View boards from the 2020 AR House winner:Davidson Rafailidis – Big Space, Little Space – Board 1
Davidson Rafailidis – Big Space, Little Space – Board 2
Deadline and prices
Earlybird deadline: 6 August 2021 – £325 PLUS VAT
Entry deadline: 3 September 2021 – £375 PLUS VAT
For any queries about your payment please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 203 953 2650
Use of images of promotional material:
The Architectural Review also reserves the right to make use of images of winning projects (both in print and digital media) for promotional material and editorial use in connection with the award. For instance, this might include publicising an exhibition (of winning entries), a lecture series (featuring the winning architects), or promoting the award itself. Use of material in this capacity either in whole or part will not attract payment of copyright. Where we are made aware of their names, photographers will be credited.
T: +44 (0)203 953 2902
- 2021英国《建筑评论》杂志最佳住宅奖 ( 2021 Ar House Awards )奖项介绍 AWARD INTRO : 英国《建筑评论》杂志最佳住宅奖于2010年创办，旨在表彰住宅设计的原创性和卓越性。该奖项致力于寻找过去五年建造的项目，AR House关注创意和创新，无论规模和建筑成本如何，都能推动这一类型的发展。 信息来源于网络，版权归奖项方所有。 参赛要求 QUALIFICATION : 1.所有项目必须在2016年1月后完成，没有预算和地点的限制。 2.接受个人/公司名义申报。 费用及赛程 FEE & PHASE : 本次大赛赛程 开始日期：2021年5月 早鸟截止日期：2021年8月6日 截止日期：2021年8月31日