2021 AR New into Old Awards
隨著對建造全新建築的可持續替代方案的需求變得日益迫切，AR New into Old獎項旨在表彰那些對建築進行創造性的改建從而使其用於全新當代用途的做法。此獎於2017年推出，表彰對現有建築結構具有想像力的利用，讓建築物煥發新生，包括巧妙的增建和大規模的改造。
參賽要求 QUALIFICATION :
2021 AR New into Old Awards
‘Our duty is to give buildings a new lease of life’, Carlo Scarpa once said, ‘so that they may be able to live today and tomorrow’.
As the need for sustainable alternatives to building anew becomes increasingly urgent, the AR New into Old awards celebrate the creative ways buildings are adapted and remodelled to welcome new contemporary uses. Launched in 2017, the awards recognise the imaginative appropriation of existing structures, from innovative insertions to ambitious adaptations, that offer buildings a new lease of life.
Entry deadline: 19 March 2021
As the need for sustainable alternatives to building anew becomes increasingly urgent, the AR New into Old awards celebrate the innovative ways buildings are adapted and remodelled to welcome new contemporary uses.
- All entries will be reviewed by the expert international judging panel which will choose a shortlist of 15 projects.
- The top six commended projects will then be visited by an independent critic before the winner is selected by the judges.
- All entrants will have their project listed on the New into Old awards website, each with an image and URL.
- All shortlisted projects will be promoted on the AR website, emails and via social media, which have a following of over a million readers worldwide.
- All shortlisted projects will be featured in the July/August 2021 issue of The Architectural Review, with in-depth building studies for the top six.
- Photographs of the winning project will be considered by the editorial team for the front cover of The Architectural Review
Enter your projects using our simple registration. All projects must have been completed after December 2015, there are no budget or location restrictions.
- Register on the entry pageand enter your contact and project details.
- Provide us with 250 words of explanatory text describing the project.
- Upload your 2 entry boards to your online entry – these should include images, drawings and explanatory text. We will require the artwork for each board as a PDF file containing compressed images, drawings and vectorised text. Files should not exceed 12Mb in size and do not require trim lines or bleed. Projects will be printed on two A2 sized boards and used for judging. Please also submit one hi-res image to be used on the website for our submitted projects page.
- Submit your entry by the deadline ( 19/03/2021 ). You can start and save your entry to come back to at any point before the deadline.
- To ensure anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any part of the board. When you register your details online, you will be given a reference number. PLEASE ENSURE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER IS PROVIDED WHEN UPLOADING YOUR BOARDS VIA THE ENTRY FORM. Only after the jury has chosen the shortlist will the identity of the winners be revealed.
- Boards should include at least ONE PLAN and ONE SECTION of the project as well as images and a short explanatory text.
- View boards from the 2019 New into Old winner Flores & Prats:Flores & Prats’ Sala Beckett theatre Board 1
Flores & Prats’ Sala Beckett theatre Board 2
Deadline and price
Entry deadline: 19 March 2021 – £375 PLUS VAT
For any queries about your payment please contact:
Tel: +44 ( 0 ) 203 953 2650
Use of images of promotional material:
The Architectural Review also reserves the right to make use of images of winning projects ( both in print and digital media ) for promotional material and editorial use in connection with the award. For instance, this might include publicising an exhibition ( of winning entries ), a lecture series ( featuring the winning architects ), or promoting the award itself. Use of material in this capacity either in whole or part will not attract payment of copyright. Where we are made aware of their names, photographers will be credited.
- 2021英国 AR New into Old 奖 ( 2021 AR New into Old Awards )随着对建造全新建筑的可持续替代方案的需求变得日益迫切，AR New into Old奖项旨在表彰那些对建筑进行创造性的改建从而使其用于全新当代用途的做法。此奖于2017年推出，表彰对现有建筑结构具有想象力的利用，让建筑物焕发新生，包括巧妙的增建和大规模的改造。 参赛要求 QUALIFICATION : 1.本次大赛作品面向全球设计界公开征选，参赛者不受民族、宗教、地域、国别的限制。 2.所有项目必须在2015年12月之后完成，没有预算或地区限制。 本次大赛赛程 开始日期：2020年12月7日 早鸟截止日期：2021年2月19日 标准截止日期：2021年3月17日