2021 ARTS OF FASHION FOUNDATION COMPETITION
AOF 全稱 Arts of Fashion Foundation，成立於2001年12月，是全美最早的一個公共、非營利性時尚藝術基金會，是全球級的時裝大賽。從2002年開始主辦一直到現在已有14屆了,國際聲譽極佳,旨在為全球年輕的時裝設計專業學生提供一個國際交流的平台。
FOR THE YEAR 2021: MOMENTUM
FASHION: A MINI COLLECTION OF 3 OUTFITS IN MENSWEAR, OR WOMENSWEAR OR A MIX OF BOTH MEN’S AND WOMENSWEAR（ 一個mini作品集系列，可以是男裝、女裝，或者男女裝混搭 ）
ACCESSORIES: A MINI COLLECTION OF 3 ACCESSORIES, INCLUDING BAGS, LUGGAGE, BELTS, HATS, SHOES, ETC. ( 配飾可以是包袋、行李箱、皮帶、帽子、鞋子等等 ）( APPLICANTS CAN SUBMIT A CAPSTONE COLLECTION IN ANY COMBINAISON )AND/OR ACCESSORIES
2021年4月1日（ 郵戳 ）
網上報名：報名費為50美元，分為時裝或配飾一個類別。每位考生需要設計3個模特的巔峰作品集 : 報名材料需按清單填寫（ 詳見官網 ）。
2021年6月（ 待定 ）。被邀請繼續參加國際決賽的候選人將在AoFF網站上公佈，同時公佈完成決賽項目的說明和規格。
●5月中旬，2021年（ 待定 ）。評審會在西班牙赫塔利亞的Cristobal Balenciaga博物館舉行。入選國際總決賽的選手將在評審會後幾天在Arts of Fashion網站上公佈。
● 2021年9月15日中。所有入選作品的提交截止日期將在舊金山的Arts of Fashion基金會收到。
每年獲獎者不僅有豐厚的獎學金，而且還有世界各的知名服裝工作室可以交流學習，拿2018年舉例，有MANISH ARORA AWARD、 MAISON LESAGE-PARIS AWARD、ARTS OF FASHION MASTERCLASS SCHOLARSHIP、YKK MASTERCLASS SCHOLARSHIP等獎項。
1.Maison Lesage – 巴黎獎
Maison Lesage – Paris Award
4-week internship at the studio of Maison Lesage – Paris,FRANCE
Maison Lesage成立於1858年，當年Charles Frederick Worth、Jean Paquin都曾來到這裡訂製服裝。就連30年代著名設計師Elsa Schiaparelli（ 當件她可是與Coco Chanel並駕齊驅！ ），經典的Zodiac系列便是出自Lesage工坊。 這個已有150年歷史的工坊，一直追求完美，2002年加入Chanel，成為縱橫全球時尚品牌的幕後功臣之一。
2. Maison Lemarie – 巴黎獎
Maison Lemarie – Paris Award
4-week internship at the studio of Maison Lemarie – Paris,FRANCE
LEMARIE山茶花及羽飾坊最初是一家1880年在巴黎設立的羽飾工坊，並自1946年年開始製作花飾，是法國現今保存的唯一一家羽毛工坊，1996年被Chanel納入旗下。如今不僅在卡爾•拉格斐的設計中佔據核心地位，還與其他諸多時尚品牌開展合作，如Christian Dior、Cristobal Balenciaga、Nina Ricci等。這裡每年為CHANEL供應2萬朵山茶花。
3.Maison Montex – 巴黎獎
Maison Montex – Paris Award
4-week internship at the studio of Maison Montex – Paris,FRANCE
Montex工作室建立於1939年，是一家專注於鉤針刺繡的大師級工坊。自1949年以來，Montex工作室一直使用Luneville鉤編機和Cornely機進行手工繡制，以供設計師或時裝界的眾多知名人士使用。2013年被法國經濟部授予活態遺產公司（ Living Heritage Company ）的標識，以嘉獎其卓越的手工藝。Montex工作室擁有數千種刺繡樣品，對刺繡的長期研究和新技術的融合使得該工坊同時保留了傳統的刺繡工藝和創新的表達方式。自2011年起與香奈兒高級手工坊系列展開合作。
4.Manish Arora- 新德里獎
時裝品牌 Manish Arora工作室學習2個月
Manish Arora Award
2-month internship at Manish Arora – New Delhi, INDIA
Manish Arora是印度設計師Manish Arora於1997年創立的個人同名品牌。粉色和金色是Manish Arora的標誌性色彩。他的設計靈感大多來源於傳統的印度文化，Manish Arora曾獲得“2004年度印度時裝大獎”之“最佳女裝設計師”獎，2005年品牌首次參加了倫敦時裝周，2007年Manish Arora第一次闖蕩巴黎時裝周，他那充滿異域風情而又摩登的多彩設計，為他在巴黎贏得了極高的聲譽。
The Paris Arts of Fashion Foundation Awards
4-week scholarship at the Arts of Fashion MasterClass program hosted at Les Arts Decoratifs – Paris, FRANCE
4周巴黎時裝大師課程，以英語授課，你將深入瞭解時裝的研究內容和方法，並開發當代時尚垂褶和設計點綴的工藝技術。2020年選擇的靈感主題是《植物園》，最後的成衣將在巴黎裝飾藝術博物館舉辦：111 rue de Rivoli Paris 75001 – Metro Palais Royal，Louvre或Pyramides。 每屆時裝周都邀請創意設計師與最多10名挑選出來的國際時裝專業學生和應屆畢業生緊密合作，參與一個創新的、有定義的、有教育意義的項目。
To participate to the international Arts of Fashion Competition 2021 applicants should register online. The application fee is $50 for the Fashion or Accessory category. After confirmation of registration each applicant should submit a file of drawings/illustrations of a mini collection of 3 outfits in menswear, womenswear or a mixed collection of both menswear and womenswear or 3 accessories.
The theme 2021 is – MOMENTUM – this word covers what we all experience right now worldwide and how will we use this unique moment in time to rethink, redefine, and redraw our way of life, the way we interact with others and therefore the way we dress. You can also interprete the theme from your own experience, or imagination.
– Please read carefully the regulations below and remember that the AoFF Competition is open to students registered in a School or University during the year 2020/2021.
– When a first student from an institution registered, the name of his/her School or University appears on the AoF website page of the competition. The main criteria for being part of the first 50 selected are truly creativity in Fashion design and concept, as well as a well-crafted project and originality.
– When the first jury meets, samples of fabric/material are also highly important in the student file. This is why we do not accept file submission online.
With regards to the rise of design competitions being increasingly managed by fashion businesses and their communication offices for commercial gains, the Arts of Fashion Foundation is proud to assure students that the Arts of Fashion competition has been organized by a group of volunteers and designers for more than 19 years with no commercial motives.
This unique competition is dedicated solely to celebrate emerging designers and their creativity.
– Student work is protected and therefore not in view, nor is sold to trend offices and design studios.
– Students don’t give up the intellectual property rights of their designs when they participate in the competition of the Arts of Fashion Foundation.
– Student projects received are judged by a carefully selected jury of fashion design professors who travel on their own budget.
– The 50 selected students – finalists – compete for scholarships allowing them to participate to the unique MasterClasses and apprenticeships with creative studios around the world. Their work is presented in front of carefully selected jury of fashion professionals in San Francisco, VIP guests and long time volunteers and local partners including the San Francisco French American International School and the Asian Art Museum.
The Arts of Fashion is dedicated to bringing the best sources of education and research to students and designers. Please check editions from the past years.
By filling out this form, I declare to have read the general conditions for participation as well as the rules & regulations of the competition below and I agree to abide by them fully.
Link to the PDF Flyer to download and print
Credit image 2021 MOMENTUM – Hieronymus Bosch (1453-1516) – The Garden of Earthly Delights
1.THE ARTS OF FASHION COMPETITION EXISTS TO:
Promote and reward creativity and inventiveness; discover emerging talent and facilitate careers; establish enriching contacts and exchanges between different countries, schools and universities; and to foster new relationships between those from different industries and fields.
The 2021 first laureates will receive Awards and a Certification for their creative and original work based on theme. (Judging based on coherence with the theme and originality, creativity and artful expressiveness, innovation and craft)
Maison Lesage – Paris Award
4-week internship at the studio of Maison Lesage – Paris, FRANCE
Maison Lemarie – Paris Award
4-week internship at the studio of Maison Lemarié – Paris, FRANCE
Maison Montex – Paris Award
4-week internship at the studio of Maison Montex – Paris, FRANCE
The Arts of Fashion Foundation Awards
4-week scholarship at the Arts of Fashion MasterClass program hosted at Les Arts Décoratifs – Paris, FRANCE
2. THEME 2021 – MOMENTUM
3. CALENDAR 2021
– April 1, 2021: Deadline to mail your design proposal in a study cardboard envelope – post marked. Send it as documents and do not declare any value because it is not commercial – otherwise you will have to pay taxes and your package may be delayed at customs.
– May 14, 2021: Jury session hosted at the Cristobal Balenciaga Museoa in Spain. Selected candiates for the International Final will be listed on the Arts of Fashion website in the following days of the jury session.
– September 15, 2021: Submission deadline for all selected projects to be received at the Arts of Fashion Foundation in San Francisco
– mid December, 2021: Arts of Fashion Symposium Competition & Awards Ceremony 2021 hosted at the Asian Art Musem of San Francisco.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION 2021:
The competition is open to students studying Fashion, Art and Design anywhere in the world during the academic year 2020-2021. Participants will not only represent themselves, but also their Schools, Colleges or Universities, as well as their Countries.
– Candidates must be current students and cannot be professionally employed in the fashion industry at the time of the submission of their project.
– Candidates must design their own original projects completely by themselves.
– Candidates must follow the design and specifications outlined in their application for realization of their final project.
– Registration must be submitted on an individual basis and in the chosen categories.
– Online registration, applications, and final projects received after the deadlines will not be accepted. Registration fees are non refundable.
– Projects selected in the International Final of December 2021 cannot be presented in another competition during the year 2021.
5. RULES & REGULATIONS FOR THE ARTS OF FASHION COMPETITION 2021:
Online registration: the registration fee is $50 for one category, Fashion or Accessories. Each candidate needs to design a capstone collection of 3 models : The application materials should be completed as listed below.
– 1 page for the 3 illustrations or plan of collection
– 1 page for each silhouette – illustration
– 1 page for each silhouette – flats/technical designs
– 1 page for the fabric and material swatches (no photocopy)
– 1 page for the visual developed concept/ atmosphere/ mood board
– 1 page for the short written developped concept and with a title in English
– 1 resume / CV of the applicant
– 1 student ID (photocopy) 2020-21 of the applicant
Format of each page: MUST BE – 8.5″ x 11″ or A4 / Letter – and on separate pages (do not try to bind or mount it or else) – name of the student and the school should be written on the back of each page with a very light pencil.
Regarding the health situation, and the fact that the preliminary judging of the AOFF Competition 2021 will be generously hosted in Europe, at the Cristobal Balenciaga Museum in Getaria, Spain, the address to mail your project is exceptionally in Paris (and not in San Francisco):
ARTS OF FASHION FOUNDATION – SERVCORP
21 Boulevard Haussmann, 2nd floor
75009 Paris – FRANCE – Tel +33 07 72 07 01 78 or 85 – firstname.lastname@example.org
June, 1st, 2021 (TBA): The candidates invited to continue on to the International Final will be announced on the AoFF website, along with instructions and specifications for completion of the final projects.
September, 1st, 2021: Deadline for all selected projects to be postmarked and mailed.
Late projects will not be accepted under any circumstances. It is the candidates’ responsibility to arrange for verification of shipment with their shipping company.
– The realization of the project should follow the instructions and measurements provided on the AoFF website (just below).
– Fashion projects should include shoes (US womenwear size 9-10 or European size 39-40 | US menswear size 12 or European size 44), and any particular stockings, undergarments, or accessories that the model should wear.
– Every outfit/look is requested be sent in a separate transparent garment bag (with your name and address written on it), appropriate hangers. One precise instruction page for each silhouette is requested in a plastic sleeve (photos can be added if necessary) to help the dressers. When sending your project from abroad please indicate that it is a student fashion project and do not add value. If you add value you are responsible for possible custom taxes.
6. EXCLUSION CLAUSE
Entries will be automatically disqualified from the competition for the following reasons:
– If the final project does not follow the design or specifications outlined in the candidate’s original application.
– If they are received after the deadline.
– If they may result in any copyright infringement or legal dispute for the jury, organizers, sponsors, or host university.
– If they pressure for preferential treatment by the jury members, the hosting university, the organizers, or sponsors of the competition.
Applications and Final Projects will be judged by experts and well-known professionals from fashion and design fields.
In all matters concerning the course of the competition, including the selection of award winners and settling disputes, the decisions of the judges are final. All matters will be decided by majority vote and are not subject to appeal. In case of a tie, the President of the Jury will cast the deciding vote. Candidates will be presented anonymously to the first round Jury (made by fashion professors and designers) by the competition organizers. Jury deliberations for the second round Jury in December (made by fashion professionals and designers) will not be made public.
7. PROTECTION OF WORK
Candidates maintain artistic ownership of their designs and final projects. By the act of participating in the Arts of Fashion Competition, candidates give permission to the organizers and sponsors to contact and promote them and their projects through a wide range of media: press, TV, internet, mailing, advertising, exhibitions, fashion show. When a project is selected in the first jury session 2021, it can not be presented in another international competition or event before the finals in December 2021. If an awarded project is exhibited or published in any media, mention of the Arts of Fashion Competition is required.
8. AMENDMENT SUSPENSION TERMINATION INSURANCE
In the event the AoFF Competition 2021 is suspended or terminated for any reason, the organizers, as well as the sponsors, will not be held responsible in any way. The Arts of Fashion Foundation and its members, volunteers, guests and instructors, and the host University or Institution will not in any way be responsible for any accident, damage or loss of the final projects or candidates’ belongings during the course of competition, including workshops, masterclass, conference, exhibition, transportation, and all events.
It is the responsibility of the participants to insure their submissions.
The Arts of Fashion Foundation is a San Francisco-based 501(c)(3), public, non-profit organization, linking both academics and professionals alike and is dedicated in fostering international cultural exchange through the creation of a variety of educational programs meant to facilitate critical thinking and advance the field of fashion among artists, designers, scholars and students.The primary focus of the foundation is the continuous support of creativity and design process in fashion and the arts linked to it.
- 2021年美国AOF青年设计师大赛01 大赛介绍 AOF全称Arts of Fashion Foundation，成立于2001年12月，是全美最早的一个公共、非营利性时尚艺术基金会，是全球级的时装大赛。从2002年开始主办一直到现在已有14届了,国际声誉极佳,旨在为全球年轻的时装设计专业学生提供一个国际交流的平台。 02 大赛须知 1、2021年大赛主题 FOR THE YEAR 2021: MOMENTUM 这个词涵盖了当下在世界范围内我们正经历的一切，包括我们将如何利用这个独特的时机来重新思考、定义和描绘我们的生活方式，与他人互动的方式，以及穿衣的方式。您还可以根据自己的经验或想象来解读该主题。