2021 Peace Motion Graphics Competition
You must agree to these 2021 Peace Motion Graphics Competition Terms and Conditions ( the “Terms” ) in order to submit your information and work to the 2021 Peace Motion Graphics Competition ( the “Competition” ). If you do not agree with these Terms, do not submit. By submitting your information, you agree to be bound by all the terms.
- You must complete all required fields on the submission form and upload all required files and documentation.
- Submissions will only be accepted via email and will not be accepted after the submission deadline.
- Individual and team submissions are allowed. However, only one entry per individual, either as individual or as part of team, is allowed. When entering as a team, a team leader must be designated and will be the point of contact for communications.
- Only one submission per individual or team is allowed.
- Submissions must not have been submitted to other competitions previously.
- Do not include your signature or any other personal identification symbol in your work.
- All work must be in English.
Submit the following by email to email@example.com:
1 ) Your original motion graphics video file in a format uploadable in YouTube
- A. Ending scene: The final ending scene of the video must be either of the following
- i. Sunhak Peace Prize’s ending scene downloaded from Sunhak Peace Prize’s website, or
- ii. A 3-second ending scene made by you that uses the Sunhak Peace Prize’s LOGO downloaded from the Sunhak Peace Prize’s website
- B. Video requirements:
- i. Acceptable formats: .mp4, .wmv, .mov, .mpeg., .avi
- ii. Aspect ratio: 16:9
- iii. Length: within a minute
- iv. Video file name: Title_Full Name ( example: Global Inequity_Jim Carrey )
2 ) Signed Terms and Conditions form either as Word or PDF file ( If submitting as team, each member of the team must sign the Terms and Conditions to be considered for the Competition. ) ( Download from website )
3 ) Submission form filled out completely either as Word or PDF file ( Download from website )
- Email subject line must be in the format: 2021 SPP Motion Graphics Competition –Name
- Submission period opens on Thursday, July 1, 2021, 12:00 AM KST.
- Deadline for submitting is Saturday, July 31, 2021, 11:59 PM KST.
Judging will take place in August. Winners will be announced in September.
Sunhak Peace Prize Foundation is not responsible for lost or late submissions, or for electronic transmission errors, regardless of cause.
Judging will take place in two parts – offline and online. The full number of prizes may not be awarded if the offline panel of judges determine that submissions do not meet the quality level to receive the award. All decisions are final.
Step 1. Offline
A panel of judges will score the submissions in five categories. The highest scoring 10 submissions will proceed to the next round. In event of a tie, a decision will be made at the discretion of the judges. All decisions made by the judges are final and scoring is confidential. Submissions will be judged on:
- Creativity and artistic expression
- Depth of research
- Appropriate depiction of research ( image, graph, chart, etc. )
- Delivery of content to viewers
- Overall quality and professionalism ( no grammar mistakes for any text, incorrect representation of facts, etc. )
Step 2. Online
Top 10 submissions will be posted online on Sunhak Peace Prize Foundation’s social media channel. The number of views and number of likes during a set period of time will be combined to come up with an online score.
The offline score and online score will be combined for a total score. Based on the total score, one grand prize, two semi-finalists, three most popular, and 4 honorable mention entries will be determined. In event of a tie, a decision will be made at the discretion of the judges.
Reasons for Disqualification
Your submission may not be considered for the Competition if it does not satisfy all submission requirements and the terms and conditions laid out. If the content is determined to be unrelated to the chosen theme, it may be disqualified.
- Grand prize ( 1 entry ): USD 5000
- Excellence Award ( 2 entries ): USD 1000
- Most popular ( 3 entries ): USD 500
- Runner-up ( 4 entries ): USD 300
Winners must submit passport ID and bank information to receive the cash award. If a team entry is selected to receive a prize, the prize will be sent to the team leader. All applicable taxes or fees are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- The amount of cash award paid out will exclude 4.4% for related taxes in South Korea from the award amount noted above.
- There may be countries where international transfer of cash award is impossible, especially for conflict areas. Please note that the awardee must provide the necessary documentations to receive the cash award.
Usage Consent and Other Terms
Entrants guarantee that the submitted work is original and that they are the holders of the copyright and have the right to submit the work to the Competition. By entering the Competition, entrants grant Sunhak Peace Prize Foundation a royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, distribute, display, creative, derivative works in whole or in part, including for promotional or marketing purposes. Entrants are liable for any issues arising from use of images or videos of buildings or people in the submitted work.
- International Competition – PARTICIPATE – Sunhak Peace Prize
- 2021 Peace Motion Graphics Competition EDM
- 2021 Peace Motion Graphics CompetitionSubmissions are now open for the 2021 Peace Motion Graphics Competition. Organized by the Sunhak Peace Prize Foundation, the competition aims to raise awareness of the various themes of peace around the world and expand the culture of peace. The deadline for submissions is July 31, 2021. http://sunhakpeaceprize.org/en/learn/contest_receipt.php