2021 POSTERS FOR THE PLANET
Inspired by our best-selling Posters for Change(2018), Princeton Architectural Press invites artists and designersto make an urgent statement—a visual plea on behalf of our planet. Poster designs on any topic related to climate change, from dire warnings to inspirational calls to action, may be submitted for possible inclusion in Posters for the Planet(Fall 2022).
New Deadline: December 31, 2021
We will select fifty posters to be included in the book, each one by a different artist (who will be duly credited for their work). Each poster will be printed with a perforated edge for easy tear-out and display. The paper for this book will be FSC certified, ensuring it’s made from responsible sources. Partial proceeds will be donated to four climate change organizations.
UPDATE: We saw and heard your feedback on our call for entries. We thank you for opening this important dialogue on artist compensation. Please accept our apology. Our team took this feedback to heart and had an internal discussion about it, and have increased the honorarium: each entrant whose poster is selected and included in Posters for the Planetwill get a single page full credit and bio next to their printed work, $100, a $50 credit for our website, and a copy of the book.
Executive Editor Jennifer Thompson would like to share with you the larger context for the book:
“This collection of climate change protest posters aims to empower many voices and create a platform that allows people to take a stand via the age-old, analog process of making protest posters, which would, in turn, empower others to take those posters into the streets. Climate change is a dire topic in need of raised voices—and protest posters, as was amply demonstrated at this month’s COP26 UN Climate Change Conference. Our intention is to publish a book that would equip people with the visual tools to send a message on behalf of the planet. We hope people with a wide range of interests and areas of expertise enter posters for this project.”
This is a global call for entries.
Anyone can enter. There is no fee.
Selected posters will be published in a new book from PAPress.
As mentioned above, partial proceeds from Posters for the Planetwill go to four climate-related nonprofit organizations. We will announce these organizations on December 1.
In our initial call for entries, we also erred in setting a tight deadline for submissions, which may limit those who can enter given other responsibilities, so we are extending the poster submission deadline to December 31, 2021.
TO ENTER: please complete this Google formand upload your posters. The form will prompt you for your contact information, a 100-word bio, low-resolution image files, and image titles.
For any other questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Princeton Architectural Pressteam
Please be sure to follow our entry requirements:
- Please attach up to five poster designs as JPEG(s), 12 × 15 inches, 72 dpi, CMYK (If your submission is accepted, we will ask you for a hi-res 300 dpi version).
- Please name your files in the following format: LastName_FirstName_#. For example: Doe_Jane_1.jpg, Doe_Jane_2.jpg, etc.
- When prompted, list your titles in the following format: #, Full Name, Title, Date, Medium. For example: 1. Jane Doe, A Hotter Future, 2021, pen and ink, 2. Jane Doe, Tropical Storm, 2021, digital, etc. Make sure the number of each title corresponds to the number of the corresponding image file.
- 普林斯顿国际地球海报大赛 POSTERS FOR THE PLANET大赛官网： https://www.postersfortheplanet.com/?fbclid=IwAR1XrJ2pb7aO9vGwAjp1wri5oG4_KJMljNY9If4Ct43dGNNzwDYkJUW_crk 这是一项全球征集活动。 任何人都可以参与。不收取任何费用。 选定的海报将出版在 PAPress 的新书中。 如上所述，地球海报的部分收益将捐给四个与气候相关的非营利组织。我们将在 12 月 1 日公布这些组织。 在我们最初的参赛作品征集中，我们也错误地设定了提交的严格截止日期，这可能会限制那些承担其他责任的人，因此我们将海报提交截止日期延长至 2021 年 12 月 31 日。
- 2021普林斯顿国际地球海报大赛 POSTERS FOR THE PLANET大賽截止日期：2021年12月31日。最多五張海報設計，如 JPEG、12 × 15 英吋、72 dpi、CMYK（如果您的提交被接受，我們將要求您提供高分辨率 300 dpi 版本）提供聯繫信息、100 字的個人簡介 ...