2021 THE 10th International Woodsculpture Symposium in Ringkøbing Denmark
THE 10th INTERNATIONAL WOODSCULPTURE SYMPOSIUM IN RINGKØBING 25th July to August 1st 2021
Invitation to send application at the10th INTERNATIONAL WOODSCULPTURE SYMPOSIUM IN RINGKØBING
25th July to August 1st 2021
For the symposium 2021 in Ringkoebing we can invite about 10-12 sculptors.
The invitations will be put out on the facebooksite and world-wide by email.
The selection will be based on your submitted proposal for the sculptures.
The wood for the symposium in Ringkoebing is 1. class Oak tree from Denmark. It is unique and beautiful hardwood and we will do our best to find a nice piece of wood for your sculpture.
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you and we hope that you will accept the challenge and apply for admission to the International Woodsculpture Symposium in Ringkoebing 2021.
Deadline: The application must be send no later than 20th February 2021!
Selection: The selection will be published shortly after 10th March 2021.
The symposium is taking place from 25th July to August 1st 2021 in the old, nostalgic part of Ringkoebing in beautiful surroundings by the yachting harbor and the Ringkoebing Fjord. The work with the wooden sculptures starts at 08 am on 26th July and is completed Friday 30th July.
Saturday 31th July there will be a final vernissage around midday.
By making sculptures in connection with The International Woodsculpture Symposium in Ringkoebing 2021, it is our aim to visualize the art in Ringkoebing and create contacts between sculptures, artisans and designers from Denmark and other countries.
The sculptures will be bought from or sponsored to local firms, private persons or organizations.
● To promote the knowledge of tree sculptures as traditional and artistic form of expression
● To create artistic and professional contacts between sculptors, artisans and designers from Denmark and other countries
● To create abstract/ half abstract sculptures of wood of high artistic quality
● To vivify the art in the townscape of Ringkoebing
● To raise awareness of Ringkoebing as a tourist attraction
The organizers will provide the participants with the following materials:
● Hardwood log in max 2 meters length and about 60 – 80 cm diameter ( Oak tree )
● Electric saw ( in exceptional cases and for hard work motor saws may be used )
● Electric power supply 220 V 50 Hz
● Finishing materials ( oil, paint .. etc. )
The participants are kindly requested to bring any other tools or auxiliary materials!
The committee will take care of the following in connection with the symposium in Ringkoebing from the evening of 25th July to the morning of August 1st:
● All travel expenses from European countries ( cheapest travel expenses cost ).
● Travel expenses from not European countries will be maximum 1200 EUR.
● Accommodation ( 2 pers. room ), meals and social arrangements
● Transport between Ringkoebing and Billund Airport
● Program with local or cultural spots during the symposium
● Kindly provide us with additional information about you as sculptor and please bring material that presents you as sculptor or your country ( photo albums, videos, music, cd’s etc ).
● Companions ( not sculptors ) will have to pay full price ( 650 euro ) for accommodation, meals and social arrangements. Transport between Ringkoebing and Billund Airport will be 70 Euro. Transport between Ringkoebing and Billund for sculptors is free of charge.
● The spoken language at the symposium will be English!
● The committee of The International wood sculpture symposium in Ringkoebing 2021 is responsible for the organization of the symposium and it reserves the rights for the works, publications and advertisements.
● Artist must complete the sculpture during the symposium. Symposium will take
place whatever weather will be. The working place is covered.
● Be aware that it is the participants’ responsibility to be insured against accidents of any kind in connection with the symposium.
● OBS! Participants are kindly requested to bring their own safety equipment! Artist are working on his/her own responsibility
The symposium in Ringkøbing is a nonprofit organization where the money for the sale of the sculptures will go to finance the symposium in Ringkøbing. Your sculpture will be bought from local firms, private persons or organizations in Denmark, so we need the following information from you to promote the sponsorship of your sculpture.
● Registration form ( use registration form ) with name and contact information as address, phonenumber, e-mail address etc. – ( maximum 1 pieces. A4 pages )
● Additional information about you as sculptor
● Pictures of your sculptures that represent your working method and way of expression ( max. 10 pictures )
● 1-2 sketches/proposals for your sculpture at the symposium in Rinkoebing 2021
● Short CV ( maximum 1 pieces. A4 pages ) –
● Application must be written in English!
Please send your registration form, application, CV, pictures and sketches to this email address:
Otto Pilgaard, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone 0045 30132935.
On behalf of the committee, Otto Pilgaard
- International Woodsculpture Symposium in Ringkøbing, Denmark
- 2021 THE 10th International Woodsculpture Symposium in Ringkøbing Denmark EDM
- ISSA征集欧洲最幸福的城市招唤雕塑家第十届Ringkoebing国际木雕创作营，暨ISSA丹麦站，将于2021年7月25日至8月1日举行，Ringkoebing建于13世纪，2007年剑桥研究所的研究结果表明，Ringkoebing被人们评选为欧洲最具幸福感城市。 本次创作营，将邀请大约10-12名雕塑家。材料是丹麦当地的一种橡木，直径60-80cm。 详细内容、申请表格： https://www.facebook.com/InternationalWoodskulptureSymposiumInRingkobing 征稿邮箱：email@example.com 截止日期：2021年2月20日！评选结果将在3月10日之后不久公布。