2021 WATER RISING A CREATIVE CHALLENGE FOR TEENS WORLDWIDE
Bow Seat 海洋意識競賽
美國 Bow Seat海洋意識公司籌劃的Bow Seat 海洋意識計劃為青少年提供了一個創新的空間，創造和溝通我們的海洋。在海洋科學與藝術教育的交叉領域，Bow Seat 海洋意識計劃的工作強調創造性思維和探索自然世界，並屢獲殊榮。
Bow Seat 注重引導下一波海洋領袖，希望他們將像藝術家一樣思考和行動，從新的角度看待問題，提出有意義的問題，並發現創新的解決方案。Bow Seat相信，改變我們的世界始於激勵年輕人生動地想像一個更美好的未來，並授權他們自己去創造它。
一年一度的 Bow Seat 海洋意識競賽邀請世界各地的學生通過視覺藝術、詩歌、散文、電影和音樂來探索人類的行為如何影響海洋的健康，以及如何為我們的藍色星球採取行動。
2021 Theme | WATER RISING
A CREATIVE CHALLENGE FOR TEENS WORLDWIDE
The 10th annual Ocean Awareness Contest is a platform for young people to learn about environmental issues through art-making and creative communication, explore their relationship to a changing world, and become advocates for positive change. Students ages 11-18 from around the world are invited to participate.
The ocean regulates global climate, produces more than half of the oxygen we breathe, and holds nearly 97% of Earth’s water. Global ocean systems largely influence life on land, even hundreds of miles from a coastline. Salt, fresh, warm, or cold, all water is connected through the water cycle.
We live on a water planet.
The 2021 Ocean Awareness Contest theme WATER RISING challenges students to explore and understand their connection to water, and to creatively communicate the need to protect this vital resource and life-sustaining relationship. What are the stories we need to tell about water to sustain and conserve it for current and future generations of life on Earth?
CONTEST DEADLINE: JUNE 14, 2021
Submissions are accepted in:
- Visual Art
- Creative Writing
- Interactive & Multimedia
- Performing Arts: Music & Dance
- Poetry & Spoken Word
WATER RISING Prompts
The 2021 Ocean Awareness Contest theme is WATER RISING. Your submission(s) should respond to one of the following prompts:
Who May Enter
Students ages 11-18 from around the world are invited to participate in the Ocean Awareness Contest. Enter the division based on your age at the time of entry:
- Junior Division: Age 11-14
- Senior Division: Age 15-18
Students can participate as an individual or as a club, class, or group of any size.
All students must provide the contact information for an Adult Sponsor (teacher, parent, mentor, etc.).
- Gain knowledge about water’s importance to all life on Earth. Dive into Bow Seat’s Resource Studio to learn more about water and its connection to climate change, health, justice, and culture; find artists and organizations taking action to protect our blue planet; and discover ways that you can get involved in conserving our planet’s most vital resource.
- Grow your skills in communication, critical thinking, creativity, and environmental advocacy. Use your artwork to raise awareness for critical issues impacting our blue planet.
- Build your portfolio and make art in your preferred medium, or practice a new one! Add to your resume with a participation certificate.
- Showcase your talents worldwide. Through art exhibitions, publications, social media campaigns, and scholarships, Bow Seat uplifts diverse youth voices to advance dialogue and participation in ocean conservation and advocacy.
- Join Bow Seat’s global community of 18,000+ young people who care about the ocean, environmental justice, and climate action. Be inspired by the work of other young creators around the world.
- Be eligible for special opportunities, like the Future Blue Youth Council, a diverse group of young people working together to advance Bow Seat’s mission and to empower fellow peers to advocate for the environment.
- Earn cash awards of up to $1,500!
Ocean Awareness Contest Awards
Cash awards are presented to winners in each of the categories at both the Junior and Senior Division levels. There are no requirements for what you must do with your cash award; we hope that you will use it to further your passion for the environment and your creative talent.
|Junior Division||Senior Division|
Additional Contest Awards Available in 2021
Check back to learn about new additional awards that may be offered in 2021!
We All Rise Prize
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ARTIST JASON TALBOT
This year, to better fulfill our mission, Bow Seat is making a greater investment in emerging creators of color by sponsoring the We All Rise Prize, with awards totaling $15,000 specifically for youth in the U.S. who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, or Latina/o/e.
Ten $750 awards in both the Junior Division (ages 11-14) and Senior Division (ages 15-18)—a total of 20 awards—will be offered to students in the U.S. who identify as Black, Indigenous, or Latina/o/e in the 2021 Ocean Awareness Contest, and whose entries demonstrate notable artistic achievement in their chosen category. Cash awards are not restricted and can be used for tuition, art supplies, or personal expenses.
Voice of the Sea Award
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH POET/ACTIVIST/EDUCATOR TAYLLOR JOHNSON
As the Ocean Awareness Contest has grown over the years, young artists have continued to push the boundaries of our categories in ways that have intrigued and moved us. The new Voice of the Sea Award was inspired by receiving a growing number of spoken word poems—pieces that truly came alive through performance. To celebrate this powerful mode of expression, Bow Seat is recognizing two spoken word poetry submissions with Voice of the Sea Awards at the Gold-level in each age division: one $1,000 award for a Junior submission, and one $1,500 award for a Senior submission. Entries must follow the requirements for submitting in the Poetry & Spoken Word category.
Bay State Award (Massachusetts students only)
Awards for Educators
If you are a teacher or youth program coordinator who uses the 2021 Contest in your physical or remote classroom, we want to hear from you! Bow Seat grants Educator Innovation Awards to acknowledge the efforts of individuals who are teaching students about ocean issues and empowering them to be creative stewards of our blue planet. Educators can nominate themselves or a colleague.
- Bow Seat Ocean Awareness Programs | Art, Youth Empowerment, and Ocean Conservation
- 2021年美国BOWSEAT海洋意识青少年艺术创作大奖赛全球征集Bow Seat 海洋意识竞赛 美国 Bow Seat海洋意识公司筹划的Bow Seat 海洋意识计划为青少年提供了一个创新的空间，创造和沟通我们的海洋。在海洋科学与艺术教育的交叉领域，Bow Seat 海洋意识计划的工作强调创造性思维和探索自然世界，并屡获殊荣。 Bow Seat 注重引导下一波海洋领袖，希望他们将像艺术家一样思考和行动，从新的角度看待问题，提出有意义的问题，并发现创新的解决方案。Bow Seat相信，改变我们的世界始于激励年轻人生动地想象一个更美好的未来，并授权他们自己去创造它。 https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/WYaLQprgddaCUVj-YVLKNQ