2022 BOLOGNARAGAZZI AWARD
BOLOGNARAGAZZI AWARD 2022 REGULATIONS
ART.1 – PURPOSE OF THE AWARD
On the occasion of the 2022 Bologna Children’s Book Fair, BolognaFiere will confer the “BolognaRagazzi Award” in the sections FICTION,NON-FICTION,COMICS, OPERA PRIMA (DEBUT WORK), andPOETRY.
FICTION: dedicated to fictional works of stories or fables in the form of picturebooks or publications whose illustrations are the predominant feature. BolognaRagazzi Award is not a literary prize. Novels and short stories shall not be taken into consideration by the Jury.
NON-FICTION: this section shall include publications providing general or special information on any area of knowledge, science, history, music, or any other topic broadening the learning experience, including biographies.
COMICS: this section includes three subsections: EARLY READER (ages 6 to 9), MIDDLE GRADE (ages 9 to 12) e YOUNG ADULT (ages 13 and up) and is dedicated to comics and graphic novels.
OPERA PRIMA(DEBUT WORK): this section is reserved for works of hitherto unpublished authors or illustrators with the aim of acknowledging innovative projects and the research they entail.
POETRY: this isBolognaRagazzi Award’s Special Category for the second consecutive year in acknowledgement of the wealth of poetry produced in recent years by the children’s publishing industry worldwide. Titles submitted must have been published in the last five (5) years. Titles submitted for the 2021 Award may not be entered. Unlike the other sections of the Award, in addition to the illustrations and overall graphic design, the Jury shall also examine the poems included in the publication and how they dialogue with the visuals.
The Jury is also entitled to assign: SPECIAL MENTIONS in each award category as well as THE NEW HORIZONS SPECIAL JURY AWARDfor a work of excellence from among all those entered by publishers from around the world.
The Awards– consisting of a Certificate of Appreciation of the selected works – will be chosen at the sole discretion of an International Jury, which shall select the most deserving works in each category. The POETRY and COMICS categories will each be adjudicated by a specialist juryfor each category made up of experts, which will work in partnership with the BolognaRagazzi Award’s International Jury. The decisions of the International Jury shall, in all cases, be final and shall take into consideration the graphic quality, artistic and technical excellence, and informational value, with particular reference to overall publishing excellence.
ART.2 – REQUIREMENTS
Participation in the BolognaRagazzi Award is free of charge and reserved for Publishers. Publications received that are not eligible for the competition will not be returned to the sender. Participation in the Award is subject to complete acceptance of these Regulations.
In particular, each participant declares and warrants that he/she is the owner of the rights necessary for the works to be submitted for the Award.
Translated works shall not be accepted.
ART. 3 –SUBMISSION REGULATIONS
Publishers participating in the Award may enter one or more works, provided that all entries are the original edition and have been published in the following period:
- FICTION:original editions published for the first time during the period 1 January 2020 – 31 December 2021
- NON-FICTION: original editions published for the first time during the period 1 January 2020 – 31 December 2021
- COMICS: original editions published for the first time during the period 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2021 (works submitted for the 2020 and 2021 editions of the BolognaRagazzi Award may not be re-entered)
- OPERA PRIMA(DEBUT WORK): original editions published for the first time during the period 1 January 2021 – 31 December 2021
- POETRY: original editions published for the first time during the period 1 January 2017 – 31 December 2021 (works submitted for the 2021 editions of the BolognaRagazzi Award may not be re-entered)
ART. 4 – APPLICATION FORM
Entries must arrive at the address given below between18 October 2021and 14 January 2022. Entries may be sent by post, express courier or hand-delivered:
c/o Giannino Stoppani Cooperativa Sociale
Via Nosadella 51/a
40123 BOLOGNA, ITALY
Phone no.: + 39 051 587055 / +39 051 6154463
ART. 4.1 –MAILING OR SHIPPING OF ENTRIES
Books entered for the competition must be dispatched in packaging bearing the prescribed BRAW packaging label that all Publishers shall receive along with the e-mail confirming acceptance of the application to participate in the competition.
All titles must be received by the BolognaRagazzi Award Secretariat carriage paid.
All titles coming from outside the European Union must be sent with prepayment of all customs clearance and delivery costs (carriage paid to domicile cleared through customs). Please note that the books received shall have no commercial value for BolognaFiere. It is therefore advisable for customs purposes to indicate a value consistent with use of the works for the sole purpose of participation in the competition.
Only titles containing a copy of the completed BOOK CARD and arriving in packages containing a signed and approved copy of the Application Form shall be eligible to enter the competition. Following application, each publisher shall receive an e-mail with the forms to be included. BolognaFiere declines any liability in the event of non-delivery or late arrival of the titles submitted.
Books received cannot be returned to sender or to any other address.
ART. 5 – JURY
All titles shall be submitted to the final decision of an International Jury, which shall be made up of sector experts. The Jury reserves the right, should it deem necessary, to transfer works from one category to another and to adjudicate the Special Jury NEW HORIZONSAward from among all the entries in all the competition categories.
ART. 6 – RIGHTS OF BOLOGNAFIERE
The titles entered and received free of charge will under no circumstances be returned but may be used by BolognaFiere in permanent or itinerant promotional exhibitions in Italy or abroad.
The Publisher shall remain the exclusive owner of its titles but grants BolognaFiere the non-exclusive right:
- to reproduce the titles entered and accepted on posters, flyers and other printed matter pertaining to the “Bologna Children’s Book Fair” as well as on any other digital, internet and social media channels of “Bologna Childen’s Book Fair”, and of its authorized official partners, also for general promotional purpose);
- to use and be entitled to cede this right to third parties, reproductions of the titles submitted and accepted, in any form, in the trade show catalogue, as well as to reproduce said material in other publications pertaining to the “Bologna Children’s Book Fair”, provided the author(s) and the publisher(s) of the work in question are clearly stated.
BolognaFiere furthermore shall have the right to reproduce, also in part, the works submitted and accepted. BolognaFiere accepts no liability for eventual errors and omissions. Publishers shall forego all claims for compensation regarding the reproduction and use by BolognaFiere, which reserves the right to choose works in order to promote the exhibition “Bologna Children’s Book Fair” and the Awards listed in the Competition Call for Entries.
ART. 7 – PRIZE
The Award, consisting of a Certificate of Appreciation, shall be assigned to the Publisher of the work declared the winner of its category. For the purposes of this competition, co-editions shall be considered only those publications expressly indicated as such on the cover and/or title page of the work. Bologna Children’s Book Fair shall send the Publishers winning awards or special mentions the digital kit attesting to the acknowledgement. The Publisher may reproduce and use this kit to promote the award/mention winning book and may share same with publishers buying the rights of the books for publication in other countries.
ART. 8 – CANCELLATION OR CHANGES TO THE INITIATIVE
BolognaFiere may, at its sole discretion, decide to cancel the Award or change the dates without any compensation whatsoever being due to the participants.
ART. 9–NATURE OF THE INITIATIVE
The initiative governed by these regulations qualifies for the exemption referred to in art. 6 of Presidential Decree D. P. R. 430 of 26 October 2001.
ART. 10 – ITALIAN JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
Relations between the participants in this initiative and BolognaFiere shall be governed by Italian law. Any disputes arising shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Italian judicial authorities and shall be the exclusive competence of the Bologna court of law.
ART. 11–FINAL CLAUSE
Participation in the Initiative and use of the awards are entirely free of charge and entail no obligation or commitment whatsoever over and above the provisions set out in these Regulations.
徵求漫畫以及圖像小說，並依適讀年齡分為 Early Reader（6-9歲）、Middle Grade（9-12歲）或Young Adult（包含13歲及以上年齡）共三小類，限2019年1月1日至2021年12月31日間初次出版的作品。
2. 填寫線上報名表後，波隆那主辦單位將Email寄出空白書籍資料表（Book Card）、線上報名表完稿（approved Application Form）以及寄件貼紙（BRAW packaging label），請將上述三項文件都列印紙本：
◆線上報名表完稿（approved Application Form）：包裹中需附上一份簽名的報名表完稿。
◆寄件貼紙（BRAW packaging label）：寄件時請務必使用波隆那主辦單位提供的寄件貼紙格式，貼附包裹外表。
- BOLOGNARAGAZZI AWARD 2022 REGULATIONS
- 2022 BOLOGNARAGAZZI AWARD2022 BOLOGNARAGAZZI AWARD Entries must arrive at the address given below between 18 October 2021 and 14 January 2022.
- 2020義大利波隆那國際兒童書插畫展2020義大利波隆那國際兒童書插畫展 來自全球的個人或團體插畫家，凡是2002年12月31日以前出生，其插畫作品為童書所用，可直接報名或透過出版社、學校報名參賽。展覽對下列對象開放報名：(需小於35歲)。 截止日期: 2019年10月4日。
- 2019義大利波隆那國際兒童書插畫展主辦單位: Bologna Children’s Book Fair, Bologna, Italy