2022 Communication Arts Interactive Competition
Final Deadline: October 22, 2021
Enter the most prestigious design competition for interactive media, the Communication ArtsInteractive Competition. Any interactive project created for digital distribution on desktop, interactive installation, handheld device, online service or the World Wide Web is eligible.
Selected by a nationally representative panel of distinguished developers, interface designers and creative directors, the winning entries will be distributed worldwide in the Communication ArtsInteractive Annual, in print and digital editions, and on commarts.com, assuring important exposure to the creators of this outstanding work.
Each winning entrant will receive a personalized Award of Excellence, milled from solid aluminum, and award certificates issued for firms, individuals and clients.
New for 2022:Up to five Best-in-Show winners will receive a special trophy, plus extended editorial coverage in the Annual.
CA’s Award of Excellence is one of the most-coveted awards in the industry. If chosen, winning places you in the highest ranks of your profession.
2022 Interactive Jury
- Rama Allen, chief creative officer/founding partner, HyperSpace, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Tito Bottitta, partner, Upstatement, Somerville, MA
- Anita Lee, executive producer, National Film Board of Canada, Toronto, Canada
- Sandra Nam, senior director of global creative production, Squarespace, New York, NY
- Lotte Peters, creative director, Your Majesty, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Kadambari Sahu, senior vice president, design, ValueLabs, Hyderabad, India
What to Enter:Information on eligibility, categories and fees.
How to Enter:Information on preparation of entries and forms.
Interactive Competition FAQs:Frequently Asked Questions about applications and file formats.
Student Category FAQs:Frequently Asked Questions about submitting student entries.
What to Enter
Any project—interface design, educational and entertainment program, interactive product display or application—created for digital distribution on Desktop, interactive installation, handheld device, online service or the World Wide Web is eligible. There is no eligibility period due to the rapidly-changing nature of interactive media. Submission of an entry acknowledges the right of Communication Artsto use it for exhibition and publication.
Interactive Competition Categories
These categories are judged by the Interactive jury and will appear in the Interactive Annual. For a list of fees, please download the category PDF:
- Websites/Microsites: websites used for any purpose (including advertising, news, e-commerce, education and entertainment that utilize browser-based technologies).
- Social:social network applications, extensions and games designed for social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Desktop:apps, widgets, branded experiences and games designed to run locally on Mac or PC desktops/laptops.
- Mobile:apps, mobile-optimized websites, games and location-aware services designed for iPhone, Android, Windows, etc.
- Tablets/Handheld Devices:apps, games, e-books, digital publishing and interactive sales presentations designed for tablets and handheld devices other than mobile phones.
- Environmental:interactive installations, kiosks, tables, in-store/window displays, out-of-home experiences, tradeshow and museum exhibits, corporate showrooms, etc.
- Other Interactive Media:any projects not covered in previous categories where interactivity is integral to the user experience.
- Student Work:any interactive projects created for school assignments.
Entries must be registered through our online competition system no later than Midnight (Pacific Standard Time), October 8, 2021. Entries registered after that date require a late fee of $10 per entry. No entries can be registered after October 22, 2021.
How to Enter
All competition entries are processed through our online competition system.
Before you begin the process of entering a competition, please have the following information and materials ready. This will make the process go quickly.
• Your contact information for registration and notification.
• Title and basic credits for each project.
• URLs or video files of work you want to submit.
Please submit only one version of each entry. Entries can be submitted in the following formats:
Video Entries:Must be in MOV, MP4, MPG or MPEG format, with a maximum file size of 500MB.
Web-Based Entries: All web-based entries must be viewable in a common web browser and accessible via the Internet for three months after the competition deadline. If the entry is not publicly accessible, please include the user name and password to your secure server. Web-based video demonstrations must be a direct link to the project and be no longer than five minutes in duration. No splash page or campaign overviews please.
We do not accept any printed entries or digital images for this competition.
All entrants grant Communication Artsthe right to reproduce work selected in the Interactive Competition on the Communication Artswebsite and in materials used to promote the magazine, the competition and/or future related promotions.
Forms and Entry Fees
Once you have completed the registration process, a PDF with an invoice will be generated.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal through our online competition system. Charges for your entry fees will appear on your statement as (“Commarts Competition Fees”). We also accept checks, international money orders and wire transfers. Make checks payable to Communication Arts. Non-United States contestants wishing to pay by check must send a check in U.S. funds drafted on a U.S. bank. Please include a copy of your invoice with the check or money order. Please note on wire transfers: We require an additional fee of $25 (U.S.) to cover fees charged by the banks to process the transfer. If you would like to pay via wire transfer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org bank information.
All entry submissions are final and entry fees are nonrefundable.
Mail checks to:
Communication ArtsInteractive Competition
PO Box 889
Belmont, CA 94002
(Via United States Mail, FedEx, UPS, etc. Entrants submitting from outside the U.S. please use an international courier.)
Notification of Acceptance
Only accepted entrants will be notified within three months after the final deadline date due to the number of entries we receive. Complete credits and any necessary material for the best possible reproduction in the Annual will be requested at that time.
If you have any other questions, you can reach us at:
Phone: (650) 326-6040
Communication Arts Interactive Competition相關競賽：
- 2022 Communication Arts Interactive Competition2022 Communication Arts Interactive Competition Enter the most prestigious design competition for interactive media, the Communication Arts Interactive Competition.
- 2021 Communication Arts Interactive Competition2021 Communication Arts Interactive Competition Final Deadline: October 23, 2020 Enter the most prestigious design competition for interactive media
- Communication Arts 2022 Interactive CompetitionCommunication Arts is calling for entries for its 28th annual Interactive Competition. The competition celebrates the best work being done for the Web, Desktop, interactive installation and handheld devices. Student work is also being accepted. https://www.commarts.com/competition/2022-interactive