When you stop learning, you start dying.
The new edition
We live in an era of information overload where people must continually reskill, upskill and get new skills. Learning follows the accelerated pace of technological progress, leaving behind those who cannot keep up. It is time to change the paradigm in favour of slow and sustainable learningthat aims to train conscious individuals in the name of cooperation, respect, and solidarity.
Posterheroes propose to reflect on the limits of current learning models and imagine future ones:MINDFUL OR MIND FULL?
Look up the brief and the regulation.
Deadline extended to: 30.09.2022
H11:59 p.m. CEST
PRICE AND WINNERS
You have the chance to win a 2.500 € prize
or to take part in many exhibitions and events and be featured in Posterheroes publications and editorial projects!
WHAT IS POSTERHEROES?
Posterheroes is an international contest about social communication that calls for posters (70×100 cm) about social and environmental issues. Every year, Posterheroes invites students, professional designers, and everyone who is into graphic design to create a poster about topics of social interest. All the works are judged by a selection panel composed of some of the most relevant graphic design and visual communication experts.
SELECTION PANEL 2022
Mirko Ilić is a Bosnian graphic designer and illustrator. Moving to New York he had been the art director of Time Magazine International Editionand the Op-Edpages of the New York Times. In 1995 he established his firm Mirko Ilic Corp. His company designs for a wide range of clients, from pro bono organizations to the high luxury hospitality clients. His work is in collections of institutions such as Smithsonian Museum, MoMA San Francisco and MoMA New York.
Elisa Talentino is a Turin-based artist who works with illustration, art graphics, painting and animation. She has created illustrations forThe New York Times,The Washington Post,Yale Universitypress, Bloomsbury Publishing,Goethe Institut,Corriere della Sera, and many more.
Truly Design is a project born in 2003 in Turin, founded by three artists active in the Graffiti and Street Art scene since 1996. The search for new forms of visual language allowed the collective to experiment constantly to land at optical illusion techniques such as anamorphism.
Sebastian is an illustrator and graphic designer mainly working in the fields of editorial and commercial illustration. He has a background in typography and graphic design with a simplistic design approach and shifted to illustration to extend his visual vocabulary. His artworks are defined by a rough papercut-like vector style, grainy textures and well picked color compositions. Besides working for international clients he is working on prints, drawings and is publishing zines and books. Working on personal projects is an important part of Sebastians work to develop and explore new ways of articulations and skills. Sebastian lives and works in Hamburg, Germany.
Seyyedmehdi Mousavi is an award-winning Iranian Senior Graphic designer and Design lecturer (M.A of ART). Since 2007, he has been working professionally in the field of graphic design, especially poster design. His artworks and poster designs have been displayed in various poster design exhibitions in more than 30 parts of the world as an invited and awarded artist.
Designer and graphic activist, graduated in 2001 from Buenos Aires University, where he also started teaching since 2007. He teaches workshops in prisons and in the private sphere. Specialised in Visual Identity and social design. His posters on Human Rights have been exhibited in 40 countries and included in the book “The Design of Dissent” by Milton Glaser and Mirko Illic. Speaker at TEDx, Forum Art & Branding Russia, Ibero-American Design Biennial Madrid 2016, and several design events.
Adapt is a creative studio using design, humour and contemporary culture to test and develop creative solutions to climate adaptation with people at the centre. It runs its own campaigns and events whilst working with clients such as: Paul Smith, British Council, Kings Cross, Anyways, Merrel, Ecover, The Tate and more to deliver a range of climate focused projects.
ERRETRES – THE STRATEGIC DESIGN COMPANY
Erretres is a branding and digital consultancy based in Madrid and Brussels, which works with an international ambition and a vocation to build brands, products and services which become leaders within their respective sectors. With clients and projects in four continents, the value it contributes is supported by three fundamental tools: strategy, innovation and digital transformation.
Lucio Schiavon is an illustrator and graphic designer born in Venice. He has collaborated with Fabrica, La Biennale di Venezia, Armando Testa Agency. He illustrates books for the publisher Nuages in Milan and exhibited at the Fondazione Bevilacqua La Masa in Venice. He won International Motion Art Award in New York andBerlin Interfilm Festival Short Movie 2015 with two different short films in animation.
MARCO GORAN ROMANO
Illustrator and designer, Marco Goran Romano worked on the Italian editorial staff of WIRED magazine until 2015, then co-founded the Sunday Büro studio together with Valentina Casali.
Posterheroesis an international contest about social design and social communication asking the international creative community to express powerful messages through a poster 70×100 cm about social and environmental issues. The contest, created in 2010 by PLUG association, , is open to everyone and aims to involve young people and International artists in a particular way.
11 YEARS OF POSTERHEROES
+ 14101 POSTERS + 101 JURORS
FROM MORE THAN 100 DIFFERENT NATIONS.
The winning posters are selected by a selection panel comprising international experts in the field of illustration, animation, arts, visual communication.
PLUGcommunicates the results through different initiatives. Two catalogues, made with the support of Favini, three calendars and several public exhibitions have been realized to promote the value of the winning posters and to disseminate their messages. Open spaces, art galleries, public areas: the opinion of the young creatives is shared and discussed widely.
For any inquiries, information and collaboration proposal, send an email to: email@example.com
- 2022 Posterheroes2022 Posterheroes 2022 PosterhDeadline extended to: 30.09.2022 H11:59 p.m. CESTroes ENGLISH Brief You have the chance to win a 2.500 € prize
- 2021 Posterheroes2021 Posterheroes YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO WIN A CASH PRIZE (2.500 € FOR THE FIRST NOMINATED), TAKE PART IN MANY EXHIBITIONS AND EVENTS AND BE FEATURED IN POSTERHEROES PUBLICATIONS AND EDITORIAL PROJECTS!
- Posterheroes 2020Posterheroes 2020 - is an international contest about social design and social communication asking to the international creative community to express powerful messages through a poster 70×100 cm about social and environmental issues.
- 2018 Posterheroes ContestAbout Posterheroes Posterheroes is an international contest about social communication t...
- Posterheroes 2022The deadline for the call Posterheroes: Mindful or Mind Full?, the eleventh edition of the international poster contest, is extended to September 30th, 2022. This year's call, 'MINDFUL OR MIND FULL?' invites creatives from all over the world to reflect on current and future learning models by highlighting the limits of the current educational paradigm and imagining future scenarios through a poster. Posterheroes aims to involve designers, students, and graphics enthusiasts to share reflections and create an international debate on social and environmental issues through visual communication. An international selection panel will select 40 winning posters that will be the subjects of exhibitions, events, and editorial productions. One project will receive a special mention and a € 2,500 cash prize. https://www.posterheroes.org/