Château Lafite Rothschild ARCHITECTURE COMPETITION
2020年10月23日晚8點（ 巴黎時間 ）之前報名：免費；
2020年10月23日晚8點—10月30日報名：100歐元（ 約合人民幣798元 ）。
競賽背景 / Competition background
拉菲羅斯柴爾德酒莊（ Château Lafite Rothschild ）的葡萄樹已經在菩依樂村（ Pauillac ）紮根了數百年，被譽為世界頂級的拉菲紅酒讓這裡聲名顯赫。
競賽內容 / Competition content
參賽資格 / Competition background
評委 / JURY
日程安排 / COMPETITION SCHEDULE
獎項設置 / AWARDS
第一階段入圍團隊：各15,000歐元（ 約合人民幣：119,702元 ）獎金；
第二階段入圍團隊：各20,000歐元（ 不含第一階段獎金，約合人民幣：159,602元 ）。
ARCHITECTURE COMPETITION Château Lafite Rothschild
redesign of an exceptional cellar
redesigning the wine cellar
Château Lafite Rothschild, whose vines have been historically established in Pauillac for centuries, has built its reputation on the excellence of its wine.
Today, the winemaking process and the spatial organization of the vineyard buildings need to be restructured to be more coherent, precise, and to respond to new environmental challenges.
In dialogue with the unique terroir facing it, the architectural project will aim to perpetuate the values of humility, respect for secular know-how, and protection of nature dear to Lafite.
The useful surface of the estate will be enlarged by 4500 m² and 6000 m² will be rehabilitated. The project will have to satisfy all the technical requirements of the vinification process and fit into the existing without ostentation.
Through this competition, Château Lafite Rothschild’s ambition is to engage in a resilient approach. Preserving the environment is an obvious priority in order to maintain the quality of its wine.
An exceptional wine
perpetuate the lafite spirit
Lafite wine, even more than its Château, is a monument of French heritage. “Premier des premiers crus”, its terroir is a natural and historical exception. This land, with its unique mineral qualities, and the ancestral know-how that has shaped it has built the reputation of its wines.
If the terroir is the main protagonist in the history of Lafite wine, each generation of the Rothschild family has contributed to its narrative, without ever succumbing to the effects of trend. Some winemakers families have been working there for several generations, ensuring the transmission of the traditions on which the Lafite spirit is based.
The Domaines Barons Rothschild ( Lafite ) owns vineyards on several continents but the heart of its history is Bordeaux. Owners of Château Lafite since 1868, five generations of the family have worked to perpetuate the know-how and tradition of this prestigious vineyard.
In 2018, Saskia de Rothschild succeeds her father Baron Eric de Rothschild at the head of the group. Through this competition, she wishes to adapt the winemaking areas to the new technical needs while keeping intact the emotion that emanates from the site.
redesigning the château lafite rothschild wine cellar
The project includes the restructuring and extension of the winemaking areas, with a surface area of approximately 10,500 m2.
It includes the rationalization of accesses and flows, particularly of grapes, and the creation of spaces as well as the installation of new equipment.
These objectives will have to be achieved in accordance with environmental principles that give priority to common sense, local and circular economy of means, and constructive intelligence rather than the multiplication of technical devices.
Understanding the site also means understanding the winemaking process and its constraints, as well as the singularities of Lafite: here, the hierarchy of spaces obeys more the historical dimension and the emotions they arouse than the pure logic of a winemaking site.
How to register ?
Create or complete your BAM portfolio. A portofolio will have to be created for each member of the team ( Architect, Interior Architect, Design Office, etc. ).
Validate your application via the application form. Each team will have to write a letter of motivation.
October 30th 2020
November 2020 – announcement of the teams selected to compete
week of November 30th 2020 – the project site visit
January 18th and 19th 2021 – on-site presentation of the project proposals ( phase 1 )
January 22nd, 2021 – announcement of the 3 finalist teams
March 26th, 2021 – deadline for project submissions
March 29th and 30th 2021 – presentation of projects in the presence of the jury ( phase 2 )
April 2021 – announcement of the winning project
- 5 teams admitted to compete will be selected by the project owner, on the basis of their portfolio and a letter of motivation.
- At the end of the first phase of the competition, only three teams will be designated finalists and invited to participate in the second phase.
- Each team admitted to compete will be compensated up to 15 000€ HT for its participation in the first phase of the competition. An additional indemnity of 20 000€HT will be awarded to the teams admitted to participate in the second phase, a total of 35 000€ HT per finalist team.
- Registrations are free of charge until October 23rd at 8pm ( Paris Time )
- Candidates or teams who complete their registration after this date will have to pay a late registration fee of 100 € incl VAT.
- The deadline for registration of applications is October 30th 2020.
- The competition is open to all French or foreign architects authorized to practice in France.
- The integration to the team of partners with skills in structural engineering, fluid/thermal engineering, environmental quality, construction economics, is strongly recommended.
- The integration to the teams of partners with skills in engineering and wine process is optional but can be useful for a good understanding of the stakes of the program by the teams.
- For architectural agencies and/or consultants offices not based in France, partnerships with local agencies are strongly encouraged.
- For architectural firms of national or international renown, partnerships with young, up-and-coming firms will be encouraged.