Green Product Award 2020
GREEN PRODUCT AWARD At A Glance
Design, Sustainability & Business
With the community of the international Green Product Award, companies, start-ups and students which are dedicate towards innovative and sustainable products and services. 140.000+ visitors are amazed by the submissions from an average of 40 countries at the award exhibitions at fairs and design festivals.
Cooperation is the key and with our growing pool of partners we provide new highlights each year.
NEWS: From now on we invite participants to co-design the Future Village.
Submissions for the Green Product Award are possible throughout the year. The earlier you submit, the more benefits you will have. For example, being part of the special show at the Designers’ Open or qualify for the award area on the Green Campus. In March of each year, the winners selected by the jury are awarded.
GREEN PRODUCT AWARD Categories
- CONSUMER GOODS
GREEN PRODUCT AWARD Benefits
The winners of the Green Product Awards and the participants of the Green Selection receive comprehensive services of the Green Selection Pack. Early participation will be rewarded with additional benefits & low fees.
More information .
Fair, Award Ceremony & Matchmaking
1. Your submission will get a basic product integration (1 sqm) on the award area on the Green Campus (IHM).
2. You receive 2 tickets for the award ceremony .
3. You will get the possibility of a product / service presentation during a tour around the fair area & the option of participating in the matchmaking.
1. You acquire the use of the signet “Green Product Award” or “Green Concept Award” with the addition “Selection 2020” resp. “Winner 2020” with unrestricted advertising rights.
2. You will be included in the award press work and additionally invited to the press event.
3. The international jury of experts will issue a point feedback on the areas design, innovation and sustainability which will be sent to you.
4. You are eligible to participate in the online voting for the international Audience Award.
5. Your submission will be included in the annual “Green Product Book” with 0.5 pages.
6. Your submission will be placed in the online gallery on award and partner websites, e.g. on md INTERIOR DESIGN ARCHITECTURE.
7. You can purchase additional upgrades and promote your submission additionally. Klick to see the upgrades.
GREEN PRODUCT AWARD Schedule
11.03. 2020 Award Ceremony & Networking
11.3.-15.3. 2020 Award Exhibition on Green Campus @IHM
12.03. 2020 Start-Up Day: Pitches, Talks & Exchange
13.03. 2020 Fashion Day: Talks & Exchange
14.03. 2020 Architecture and Interior Day: New Trends
11.03.–30.04.2020 Voting for the Green Product Audience winner
WHAT DOES PARTICIPATION COST? Participation & Fees
Participation in the Green Product Award is subject to a fee. The fees are used to ensure that the award is implemented at a high quality level. A distinction is made between submission fees and selection fees (due upon inclusion in the selection). The services & fees at a glance .
All fees have to be payed per submission and are written without VAT (net prices).
With the entrance of a submission the respective fees need to be payed. There are no fees for registering in the system.
Companies: established companies, designers, design studios, manufacturers, research institutes, institutes and associations.
Start-ups: designers, creators, teams, small businesses whose founding date is no longer than two years ago or whose activity is not enough to be the only income. For clarification, we highly recommend to send a request by e-mail before submitting.
MAY WE INTRODUCE? The Jury
Two mentors accompany and support the award. An international jury of experienced experts will assess the submissions with their know-how and thus determine the winners.
TRANSPARENT BUT NOT LIMITING The Criteria
The winners will be evaluated and determined based on general and subject-specific criteria.
The originality, reproducibility and credibility are assessed.
Evaluated are the complexity of the analysis, the quality of the preparation and the way of implementation.
Consider the potential for change in environment, behaviour and production conditions.
This is about the design as an overall approach with the following criteria: aesthetics, user-friendly functionality, economic and ecological constructions, possibly the interaction of product and packaging. The quality of communication with the consumer about sustainability is also considered.
To assess the innovation, it is examined whether a problem / need (better) is solved, the scale of what is new and how relevant it is. When submitting concepts, there is an additional focus on the respective business model.
Assessment takes place along all phases of the life cycle (concept / pre-production, production, distribution, use, reuse). Information on the material used is considered separately, as well as information on the production conditions.