iCASE2019 CUBESAT MISSION DESIGN CONTEST
The third phase of national space program in Taiwan starts from year 2019. It includes science innovation and outer space exploration project. The CubeSat Mission Design Contest encourages basic and applied research related to the space science and technology to inspire more innovations and more persons participating in space programs.
- Students from high schools and universities throughout the world.
- Researchers from research institutes or enterprises in Taiwan.
- Individuals or groups interested in CubeSat and Astronautics in Taiwan.
- Groups should have 2 to 5 participants and they could be from different organizations. Each group is allowed to have 1 or 2 instructors for guiding their work.
* Note: The team currently supported by NSPO budget is not eligible to participate the contest using the same topic.
Content of the Contest
Space mission and satellite conceptual design are based on CubeSat platform. For example, low earth orbit communications CubeSat constellation, optical remote sensing CubeSat, formation flying CubeSat, Lunar CubeSat, Mars CubeSat like MarCO, PocketQube mission, etc.
- Mission Design 20%
- Satellite Design 20%
- Long Abstract 30%
- Oral Presentation 30%
1st prize NT$60,000 (US$2,000) awarded
2nd prize NT$30,000 (US$1,000) awarded
3rd prize NT$15,000 (US$500) awarded
* Note: The excellent missions could be selected by NSPO with financial support and launch opportunity.
- Abstract submission due：September 16, 2019
- Abstract acceptance notice before：September 23, 2019
- Long abstract submission due：October 7, 2019
- Notification for oral presentation：October 21, 2019
- Final competition by oral presentation：November 12, 2019
- 主辦單位 : 財團法人國家實驗研究院
- 主辦單位電話 : (03)5784208轉7105林博士
- 主辦單位電郵 : iCASE2019@nspo.narl.org.tw