PHOTO EXHIBITION-Travelling and living 2015
MY CHINA (themes: life, culture, and nature in China) PSA PID color
Photo Club ARIZONA (PCA) www.pca-exhibition.com/mychina/
Trnavska 9,32000 Čacak, Serbia; tel: 381 61 1428823
Information: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
MY CHINA 2015
Presented by PCA (Photo Club Arizona)
We are proud to announce the opening of the grand Travelling and living 2015 and to invite you to send us your best work. We will showcase and award the best photos.
The Exhibition will be organized and conducted in accordance with the requirements and practices of The Photographic Society of America (PSA), Entries received by PSA members in approved sections of the exhibition will be eligible for PSA Star Ratings, listing in the worldwide PSA’s Who’s Who of Photography and accredited towards the PSA Distinctions PPSA and EPSA.
The Royal Photographic Society supports International Exhibitions through the award of their Patronage and Medals.
Photographic Society of America (PSA)
Photo Club Arizona (PCA)
United Photographers International (UPI)
The competition is open to anyone whether amateur or professional photographers from all over the world.
The exhibition will be conducted in accordance with the requirements and practices of PSA. Acceptances received by PSA members in approved sections of this exhibition are eligible for PSA Star Ratings, listing in the worldwide PSA Who’s Who of photography, and credited toward the PSA Distinctions however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization, or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and conditions.
Entrants must be authors of the works submitted.
A total of 4 photos max per author are allowed for each section
The organizer (PCA) may use submitted photographs for reproduction in the exhibition catalogue and/or for other promotional purposes without any reimbursement to the author of the photograph(s).
An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging for that section.
Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. Images may be altered, either digitally or otherwise, by the maker and artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated if the photographic content predominates, subject to divisional restrictions. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted). The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “may not be eligible” for awards or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subjected to disqualification by the exhibition sponsors.
-Submissions must NOTcontain anyNUDEmaterials,any entryhaving NUDE content will NOT be accepted.
Entry form must be specific in indicating which sections have approval from which PSA Divisions. This may be a critical element in an exhibitor’s choice of images to enter as well as the exhibitor’s decision to enter or not enter. Images that do not meet the definition shall be disqualified. If time permits, the entrant shall be notified the image does not meet the definition and requested to resubmit an image that does meet the definition.
Projected Image Division: The Conditions of Entry (Entry Form) for PID recognized Monochrome class sections must state: A monochrome image is defined as having varying shades of no more than one color (various shades of that color from very light to very dark) but it may be any single color. Multi-toned images (various shades of two or more colors) and greyscale images with an added accent color are not acceptable in Monochrome Class sections and must be entered in Color Class sections.
PSA Monochrome Definition
An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of grey which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a greyscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A greyscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work.
Photo travel definition: The Photo Travel section of the entry form must state that “Subject matter must portray Photo Travel”, and include the following definition: A Photo Travel image must express the feeling of a time and place, and portray a land, its distinctive features or culture in its natural state. There are no geographical limitations. Close-up pictures of people or objects must include distinguishable environment. Techniques that add to, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. All adjustments must appear natural. Conversion to full monochrome is acceptable. Derivations, including infrared, are unacceptable.
There are 4 digital sections:
- MY CHINA (themes: life, culture, and nature in China) PSA PID color
- PHOTO TRAVEL (color/monochrome digital) PSA PTD
- OPEN – Color (color digital) PSA PID color
- OPEN – Monochrome (monochrome digital) PSA PID mono
Each photo submitted can only be presented in one of the categories.
All authors must fill out an Online Entry Form on the official website and submit entries online.
- Photos must be in JPG file format
- Dimensions: 1920 pixels by 1200 pixels max
- Jpg compression value (if Photoshop used for export): 7-12
- File size maximum 2 Mb
- Following the instructions owww.pca-exhibition.com/mychina/ pictures to send on line instructions for, an entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging, minimum 25% acceptance rate is guaranteed.
Except for the restriction to use only English alphabet (a-z), no other requirements for file names; file name should be the way authors want it to appear in the catalogue (title name). Our program will add the necessary data later. Notes to exhibitions: The exhibition is responsible for monitoring entries and screen for invalid titles. Images without valid titles shall be rejected and the entrant notified to resubmit the entry with valid titles. Exhibitions shall not create titles for the entrant. No acceptances with invalid titles will be validated for PSA Star Ratings or for including in the annual Who’s Who publication. The exhibitors will hold your exhibition responsible when their acceptances are not validated so it is in your best interest to enforce this requirement.
- USD 26 or EUR 20 per author for all five sections (4 photographs allowed in one section per author)
- 1.800 RSD from Serbia; recipient: Foto klub Arizona Cacak;
- account:170-30020085000-03; purpose: PCA SALON 2015
- Early Entry Discount (20% off) applies to all entries sent three months prior to the final deadline (September 27th, 2015)
- Clubs and groups of authors are offered a special discount!
To take advantage of this special offer, please send us an email to: email@example.com
- Entries of authors who did not paid the entry fee will be definitely disqualified.
Accepted payment methods:
- PayPal, Skrill (moneybookers), MasterCard, VISA, Diners Club
- Western Union money transfer, MIROSLAV DARIJEVIC, SERBIA. Western Union ID number sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any entries whose authors didn’t pay the entry fee at the time of judging will not be taken in consideration for Exhibition prizes.
Report Card Notification
All participant will receive report cards via email The exhibition report cards and results will also be published on twww.pca-exhibition.com/mychina/
On-line PDF Exhibition Catalog. PDF Catalog will be sent to all authors.
- Teodor Radu Pantea, EFIAP/s, (Romania)
- Dusan Docevski, KMF FSM (Macedonia)
- Zoran Milosevic, AFIAP, MF FSS (Serbia)
The jury’s decision is final and irrevocable; complaints will not be taken in consideration. Images may not be changed by the exhibition prior to or during judging. Images may not be changed by the exhibition’s equipment prior to or during judging. This includes resizing of images either smaller or larger or changing the aspect ration of the original image to “Fit to screen” or to “Fill screen” by HDTV equipment. For judging, photos are displayed on the device: Monitor 24″ Dell U2412M IPS LED, 1920×1200 DC 2M:1 DVI DP USB pivot.
Total of 100 awards + USD 750
- PSA Gold, Silver, Bronze medals for each of the sections (total of 12 medals)
- 4 PSA honorable mention ribbons for each of the sections (total of 16 ribbons)
- UPI Gold, medals for each of the sections (total of 4 medals)
- 2 UPI honorable mention ribbons for each of the sections (total of 8 ribbons)
- PCA Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for each of the sections (total of 12 medals)
- 6 PCA honorable mention awards for each of the sections (total of 24 awards)
- SALON Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for each of the sections (total of 12 medals)
- 3 SALON honorable mention awards for each of the sections (total of 12 awards)
- SALON Grand Prix in section ‘’MY CHINA’’ Award $500
- SALON Second in section ‘’MY CHINA’’ Award $150
- SALON Third in section ‘’MY CHINA’’ Award $100 (total awards – $750)
Each author can receive only ONE award in each of the sections.
* The jury reserves the right to grant additional awards depend on the total number of the entrants. Each author can receive only one award in each section. The decision of the Jury is final and irrevocable.
All participants will receive a report card via e-mail with all his/her scores. The results of the exhibition will also be published on the website of the competition.
Calendar of Events
Submit entries by: December 15th 2015.
Judging dates: December 22rd through january 01st 2016.
Notification date: January 09th 2016. www.pca-exhibition.com/mychina/
Awards sent by: February 27th 2016.
Date for mailing of catalogues: February 27th 2016.
Exhibition Public Showcases
February 22th 2016. Photo Club ARIZONA, Čacak, Serbija
February 27th 2016. Photo Club ARIZONA, Čacak, Serbija
Digital Slide Show program will be displayed using a TV 40″ Smart LED Samsung UE40HU6900UXXH,3840×2160(UltraHD)
By submitting an entry, the entrant certifies that he is a sole owner of the rights to use sent images, including copyright, patent and/or other applicable rights. All models must be of Legal Age of consent or have guardian permissions issued. The exhibition organizers assume no liability for any copyright misuse conducted by entrants.
Miroslav Darijevic, email@example.com