Radical Innovation Awards 2020
Radical Innovation, a global platform promoting innovative, industry-changing ideas within the hospitality space, is looking for new concepts that present opportunities for the hotel guest and hospitality industry growth. With an expanded interest in moving ideas from concepts to reality, we are asking participants to submit hospitality concepts that provide not only new meaningful experiences for consumers, but also new revenue growth opportunities or operating cost saving opportunities, for owners, investors, operators,and contractors.
Radical innovation encourages entries in both the Professional and Student categories.
A NEW “product category” is introduced for 2020 as it applies to Radical Innovation in Hospitality, adding opportunites in addition to the current “design & concept” category submissions. We are asking participants to submit their most innovative hospitality product(s)/designs & concepts capable of transforming the industry standard and offering new strategic career and investment growth opportunities.
Having awarded over $200,000 since its founding in 2006, Radical Innovation recognized six hospitality concepts last year. In addition to cash prizes, the student winner in the design category is eligible to apply for an assistantship to the Masters of Architecture program at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. All finalists and winners receive media coverage in/by top outlets as well as exposure to industry investors and influencers.
In addition to a clear and compelling brief, all entries should be accompanied by design renderings and a cost analysis, illustrating how the concept could be achieved in the next 2-5 years. A panel of jurors leading the fields of hospitality, procurement, design, and investment, will then evaluate the entries based on their originality, creativity, design, and potential impact on the industry.
- $250 for professionals – Existing Design/Concept or Product
- $250 for professionals – New Design/Concept or Product
- Free for students
In the Hospitality Design/Concept Category:
- $10,000 – grand prize (Professional)
- $5,000 – runner-up (Professional)
- $1,500 – Student prize
In the Hospitality Product Category:
- $1,500 – grand prize (Professional or Student)
- Concepts (existing or new) must be truly innovative and offer the market something that is not widely available.
- Design/Concepts must include guestrooms and may include lobby/public areas. Including F&B facilities and other amenities is optional, but recommended.
- Product concepts may be applicable to any aspect of the hospitality industry.
- Multiple entries by a single entrant (or company) are permitted.
- Existingt entries must have been completed within 18 months of the competition.
- Must be able to provide a notarized disclosure form and certification of project originality and authenticity, if your entry makes it to the final four or the Special Judges Award.
- Students will be considered alongside professionals
- Requirements for submission: concept narrative, renderings of your concept. To be entered in a PDF less than 100MB.
- PDF must have no names of entrants or companies associated. The jury review will be a blind process.
- Step 1: Our jury will review all entries in the design and product categories and shortlist 10 professional entries.
- Step 2: The top ten will be reviewed in detail by the jury. Three professional finalists will be shortlistedin the design category. One winner in the design category will be selected and one student winner in the design category will be selected.
- Step 3: These finalists in the design category as well as the winner of the product category and student desgin category will be mentored by the Radical Innovation jury and team, in preparation for the live event in October 2020.
- Step 4: Finalists in the deign category will present their ideas in front of a live audience—and the jury. After presentations are heard, the audience will vote and select their favorite concept. Winners will be announced that evening, and will be published across multiple news outlets.
All concepts will be judged based on design creativity, feasibility, viability, and impact.