The Royal Photographic Society’s International Photography Exhibition 161 (IPE 161)
Now in its 161st edition, the IPE is a celebration of photography today and continues to offer insight into current trends and subjects whilst providing a platform for the photographers of tomorrow.
Inviting entries from all genres, including Documentary, Landscape, Editorial, Photojournalism, Contemporary, Portraiture, Abstract, Fashion, Street, and many more, by photographers worldwide, at all levels of practice.
We will be sharing standout images throughout the submission period on Instagram.
– Worldwide open submission
– Open to members and non-members, of all ages
– Open call with no categories, all genres and approaches eligible, including alternative photographic processes
– Online entry of up to 6 images, from a series or as single images
– Selected by an experienced panel of photographers and industry professionals
– Closing date: 4 April 2018
– See entry guide for upload instructions and entry details
Awards / Opportunities:
– RPS Gold Award, £1,500
– RPS Gold Award for a photographer under 30 years of age, £1,500
– RPS Silver Award, £750
– RPS Bronze Award, £500
– Each award winner receives RPS Membership for a year
– Nationwide exhibition tour
– Print sales using theprintspace platform
– Feature in the award winning RPS Journal
– Press coverage
About the IPE:
The International Photography Exhibition (formally the International Print Exhibition) is steeped in history, having been held almost every year since 1854 – the year after The Society was founded. In the early years, the exhibition included work from some of the world’s most eminent photographers including Julia Margaret Cameron, Roger Fenton, Edward Steichen and others. Now in its 161st year, it is the longest running exhibition of its kind in the world. Read more about the exhibition history, and The Society online.
The IPE is proudly supported by theprintspace:
theprintspace was founded in 2007 and have always prided themselves on providing the finest quality art printing for their customers. Their revolutionary multi-function online platform: thehub, allows artists and photographers to store, share, categorise and archive their work and enter awards and competitions. They can also easily promote & sell fine art limited edition prints of their work, and order award-winning prints, mounts and frames for exhibitions. This service is another demonstration of theprintspace’s commitment to providing creatives with the tools they need to succeed and prosper in the art and photography world.