YAMBA MALAWI + ARTS THREAD + YAG CHALLENGE
Are you an emerging creative who would like to use your art for social good and raise awareness for the charity Yamba Malawi? Do you want to display your work to thousands of viewers in New York’s famous Brooklyn Bridge Park?
Malawi is one of the poorest countries in the world with over 50% of the population living below the poverty line and 25% living in extreme poverty. … IN MALAWI, SEVEN MILLION CHILDREN ARE LIVING ON LESS THAN $1.90 A DAY
Yamba Malawi empowers communities to break the cycle of poverty. With community-led programs centered around childhood wellbeing, sustainable businesses, and financial management, our Childhoods & Livelihoods Program is building new beginnings for children, and lasting change for their communities.
Enter the Yamba Malawi Artist Challenge and make a difference!Your artwork will be sold as limited edition prints – with your 90% artist royalty given to the fantastic charity Yamba Malawi.
Finalists will be featured in Duggal Visual Solution’s gallery in New York City’s premier outdoor photo festival, Photoville, seen by approximately 100,000 people!
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday May 08 2020 11.59 PM EST
- Draw inspiration from Yamba Malawi’s work (Learn more at yambamalawi.org and vimeo.com/yambamalawi), from the bright fabrics and colors of Malawi, from your personal experience, and beyond. Get creative! Painting, photography, collage, drawing, multimedia, print, etc. are all welcome,
- Please create and upload up to 3 images of artwork based upon the above brief.
- The images can be any manner of 2D pattern, from fine art and illustration to graphic design and photographic collage.
Tutors – download the Yamba Malawi + ARTS THREAD + YAG Challenge A4 poster to print off for the school noticeboard!
- Judges for this design challenge will include experts and leaders across art, production, nonprofit, and brands.
- Shortlisted artworks will be featured in a custom Yamba Malawi x Your Art Gallery page which will promote your artwork to Your Art Gallery’s extensive group of followers and raise critical support for Yamba Malawi’s mission of uplifting vulnerable children by empowering communities to break the cycle of poverty.
- Finalists will be featured in Duggal Visual Solution’s gallery in New York City’s premier outdoor photo festival, Photoville, a modular venue built from re-purposed shipping containers. This is a unique experience to engage with a diverse audience in an iconic location.
- Open to anyone studying art and design or has graduated from an art and design course within the last 3 years (after January 01 2017).
- Entrants must be over 18 years old.
HOW TO ENTER
Already got an ARTS THREAD portfolio? To enter, simply log into your account, upload your design as a new project, return to this page and select your project into the Competition box above.
New to ARTS THREAD? To enter, register to create an ARTS THREAD account and go to your email and click on the activation link sent to your email Inbox. Then log into your account, upload your project, then return to this page and select your project into the Competition box above.
Complete our online Yamba Malawi + ARTS THREAD + YAG Challenge Entry Form
ENTRY: Free to apply
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday May 08 2020 11.59 PM EST
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER SUBMISSION
- Submission deadline: May 8th
- Shortlist Announced: May 22nd
- Finalists Announced: June 8th
- Duggal Visual Solutions x Photoville Premier: September 2020
ABOUT YAMBA MALAWI
Yamba Malawi empowers vulnerable communities to break the cycle of poverty and invest in their children’s futures.
Founded in 2006, Yamba Malawi envisions a world where strong, self-reliant communities build brighter futures for children. Through holistic interventions centered on childhood wellbeing, financial inclusion, and entrepreneurship, Yamba Malawi’s Childhoods & Livelihoods Program empowers caregivers to launch sustainable businesses, move out of extreme poverty and to improve children’s food security, health, education, protection, and environments.
Malawi is the fourth poorest country in the world, with seventy percent of the population living on less than $1.90 a day. Such extreme poverty leaves millions of children at risk—but together with our community partners, Yamba Malawi is changing this. Our holistic programs address children’s immediate needs, all while empowering communities to break the cycle of poverty and building a protective, nurturing environments that gives children more opportunities and brighter futures. Since our founding, Yamba Malawi has impacted the lives of 200,000 children, empowered 13,500 caregivers, launched 650 household-level and 6 community-level businesses, and helped provide over 25 million meals to children under-5 years of age.
ABOUT YOUR ART GALLERY
Your Art Gallery YAG was started by New York based Duggal Visual Solutions. YAG believes in the visual medium of digital imagery and photographic art, and the opportunity for every individual to participate in the art gallery experience of displaying and selling their work. Through YourArtGallery.com this experience is realized in a unique way.
Art buyers, ranging from the collectors and curators to designers and the individual enthusiasts, have the opportunity to easily browse thousands of images, through a variety of search criteria, from artists around the world that they otherwise might not have been able to see.
YourArtGallery.com buyers share the desire to discover engaging art as well as ensuring the recognition and compensation for the artist who created it. YourArtGallery.com delivers buyers and sellers alike peace-of-mind, knowing that 90% of the image royalty goes directly to the artist. YourArtGallery.com accepts only 10% of the image royalty, unlike the 50% required on average by galleries.